reception issues

Tracyap

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has suggestions. New Droid, all is great, except for the phone reception. Last phone was the Blackberry Curve with terrific, consistent reception. Now people can barely hear me at times, and I break up fairly regularly. Do you think it's a reception issue or a phone issue?

eversonsc

Reaction score
I get awesome reception and super clear call clarity. Much better than my past iPhone!

OP
T

Tracyap

Reaction score
figured it out ...

Yeah ... I think I figured out the problem. The protective cover was on upside down ... brilliant, I know :)

FireChief

Reaction score
I am having significant RECEPTION issues.. calls dropped, etc.. The Droid has a poor antenna compared to many other phones.. no doubt..

I love the device, but this is a problem.. wish there was a fix..

bluedust

Reaction score
I am having significant RECEPTION issues.. calls dropped, etc.. The Droid has a poor antenna compared to many other phones.. no doubt..

I love the device, but this is a problem.. wish there was a fix..

Wow, you're the only person I've ever heard of with problems like that on Verizon.

Mojo

Reaction score
Yeah I have not had any really reception issues either.... as a matter of fact, I get better reception on my Droid then I did on my blackberry tour. And better than my wife's storm.

VOATMJ1

Reaction score
Same here, I get better reception on this Droid than I ever did on my Moto Razor2 which I only got 2 bars (maybe) in the room where I work. On the Droid I get four bars in the room where I work now, seems like moto worked in the internal antennae for the better! Two other people on Verizon I work with, they either get 1 bar or 2. One has a original Storm, and the other an LG something or other, it is a smartphone. :icon_ banana:

FireChief

Reaction score
several others are having issues too

I have read several other posts (while searching on this issue) where people are having reception issues for CALLS on the Droid.

We have 4 other Verizon phones in our house and every other phone gets decent reception. (one is a Centro, one a Razor, one is a Casio, and some other old phone)..

The Droid is lacking in the antenna dept .. Same as a Treo I once had.. Weak .. Hey, it can't do EVERYthing well..

But, I am looking into the network expander,.. costs a bunch, but I WANT to keep this phone.. I like the other features a LOT..

FC

f150steeler

Reaction score
I have terrible reception with my new Droid...in places where my ex-phone (Dare) did wonderfully. I hope this is a technical problem that will be fixed soon and not my Droid.

FX4U732

Reaction score
I think the Droid has a tiny bit weaker signal than some of the last phones I had. I've had my same phone number for about 18 years, way before it was called Verizon. I have a dead spot about a mile from my house that with my last two phones (Motorola Maxx Ve and a Krave) the problem area was smaller about 200 yards and then it would clear up again. With the Droid the problem stretched to about 800 yards. I have no problems anywhere else and reception is fine. I went back to Verizon and looked at the other phones on display and all the phones had a 5 to 15 dbm better signal then my phone (the lower the dbm number the better the signal is). Verizon swapped the phone and I noticed some very slight improvement but it's still not as good as my older phones and I checked my new Droid with the phones on display and my phone still had about the same difference in dbm signal so I don't know exactly how important it is. I have checked my signal at different parts of town and I generally range between -70dbm and -90dbm. However, I do not notice any difference in call quality except in the dead spot by the house, so I don't think that it's a huge difference from my older phones. I don't know why my phone shows a weaker signal then the ones in the store and I find it hard to believe that I got two defective phones so until I have issues with this I'm sticking to what I got because the phone is still an unbelievable piece of equipment.

jsellinger

Reaction score
Do we know if it is a technical problem and not individual Droids? We had HTC Imagios before we got our Droid's and had much, much better cellular reception across several conditions. Love the Droids - hate the phone portion of them. Are there signal boosters or something available?