reception issues

jfaux

Reaction score
I am not terribly savvy with the whole Android OS but I can figure out most things if necessary, so I will greatly appreciate any help offered!
I have extremely poor reception at home and I was wondering if it might be linked to my daily reception issues. Usually at least once through the day, I have to reset my phone because the bars turn from their normal blue to white and no data/texts/calls will come through. I don't know how to explain this best, but if someone has any idea what's going on or how I can improve the situation (I still have 2 months till I can upgrade), it would be super helpful!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
What you are saying makes sense, because blue means connected and white means the signal is there but it is not connected.

However the question remains why is this happening?

Did this suddenly start happening at a certain point that you can remember?

If so did you make any changes to your phone that might have caused it?

Have you tried doing a factory data reset to see of that helps?

You say you are new so I am assuming you are not rooted and not running a custom ROM?

Also welcome to the forum, and sorry you are having troubles.

OP
J

jfaux

Reaction score
In the last two places I have not had very good connection indoors, but it only started doing this once I moved in June. Although, to be totally honest I can't say it has actually been doing this since June. I've only noticed it over the last few weeks, maybe since mid-July?

I haven't done anything except install/uninstall apps.

This is a replacement phone. My first Pro was having numerous issues and I called the warranty center and they sent me this phone. I put a larger memory card in, but transfered all the stuff to the new card.

I have not tried doing a factory reset. Does that erase ALL of the stuff on the phone? What about the SD card? Should I take that out before I try the reset? And also, how do I do that :icon_eek:

No, I have not done any of the custom/rooting stuff. I've seen people talk about it, but have no idea what it all is :)

Thank you so much!

wvdroidman

Reaction score
I just now am having problems with reception. For some reason it loses reception lately. Goes from 2 bars 4g to no signal for about 4 minutes then back to 4g then no signal then finally 3g. I use this phone for work. Is this a known issue with ICS or is this something I need to get the razr replaced? What would they replace it with, an razr hd?
Now I'm down to 1 to 2 bars and occasionally 3 bars of 3g when I used to have 3 bars and mostly 4 or full 3g.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
It would be replaced with a refurbished Razr. Doubtful that you would get an upgrade unless you are eligible for one and pay the difference.

There is an app in the app store that some say temporarily fixes conectivity issues. I think it was written for another moto droid phone but apparently works on the Razr. Look for motorola 4g reset or motorola data reset.

David