Reception indoors

cp24eva

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Once upon a time didn't phones have good reception in doors? Most of us aren't outside people so we are indoors at various places. With most of the phones I've had in the past
4 years have had less than great indoor reception. I remember before the boom of smart phones I had plenty of go phones and what not that always got good reception in malls and grocery stores. What gives? Am I the only that thinks this? I hope not. Maybe my expectations of smartphones are too high.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Indoor reception is never guaranteed. However, I haven't had a problem indoors anywhere.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
My indoor reception bounces between 3 to 4 bars, depending where I am in the house. Also depends on what's in your house, amount of walls and things that can get in the way. Also how close you are to a cell tower too.

Droid X Doug

Reaction score
Reception quality indoors really is a function of carrier and how extensive their coverage footprint is in the particular location. I have had instances where I would be in a restaurant with full coverage on my X and a friend who has T-Mo has no coverage. Malls are another interesting coverage experience.