Recently updated motorola droid from 2.2 to 2.3..but hate the upgrade

yellah16

Reaction score
How do I revert back to original version? It automatically updated and I hate it!

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
How do I revert back to original version? It automatically updated and I hate it!

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=147264

Glad you started your own thread! ;)

That's a link that has instructions for how to SBF. Make sure you read everything! And read elsewhere as well! Read and research a lot before going ahead and doing it. If you do anything wrong, you might permanently brick your phone.

Swyped and sent through the interwebz to you!

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
What the FRENCH is SBF?!??!?

Read, read, read... I'm not trying to be mean, but I _don't_ want you trying something you don't take the time to Google and research yourself! I sbf'd 3 times way before I ever posted a I post on the forums. I just read... :D

.sbf is a file format that is the restore file for Android. Basically if ever your phone is bricked, it can usually be factory restored with the sbf! :)

Swyped and sent through the interwebz to you!

silver6054

Reaction score
What the FRENCH is SBF?!??!?

It is a file that is used to return a phone to an earlier version of firmware. However, as the previous poster says, it needs care, and some searching of the forums. "What the FRENCH is SBF?!???" doesn't sound like due diligence!

OP
Y

yellah16

Reaction score
I'm thinking of just taking my phone to the verizon store and having the techs do it

silver6054

Reaction score
I'm thinking of just taking my phone to the verizon store and having the techs do it

OK, let us know if they will. Generally they want everyone on the latest version to make things easier for them.

BTW: what do you hate about it? Most of us have found it to be a vast improvement.