1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

recently unrooted, no camera app

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Tech Support' started by gmilliken, Oct 27, 2011.

1. gmilliken

gmilliken New Member

So i rooted my bionic, installed a custom rom that replaced the camera apk with the droid Xs, so then I didnt want to be rooted anymore to I unrooted and returned to stock using the FXZ file and RSD lite, and I guess it took out everything that wasnt supposed to be there (including the Xs camera) but it didnt put the bionic camera back so now i have no camera, and i found the apk and odex files for the camera from a system dump, but i dont know how or if i should install those because i dont know if they would be able to get back into system/app because im not rooted anymore. if anyone could help that would be great.

thanks
  2. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

Try looking in system/app if you have a fileexplorer that allows it...is there a Camera.apk or blurCamera.apk, or both or nether
  3. Vyruz

Vyruz New Member

similar problem

I still am rooted but have no camera app, currently using fxcamera but no recording or ff camera. When i try to install the blurcamera.apk from system it says it wasn't installed.