Recent Update Problem/Recommendation for Otterbox

KuroErin

Reaction score
After the most recent update everything ran fine. Currently everything seems to work like usual but I noticed that my music is gone. While trying to re-locate it the folder is still there along with all of the music. My videos still work fine and all of my pictures are still on the phone. However, I don't see the options for choosing ringtones or text tones from my music folder.

My phone is unrooted so it is still as I got it.

Any help is appreciated.

Other note:

What Otterbox or protective case would you recommend for a Bionic?

Suuperflie

Reaction score
I've had my Bionic since launch day and have had it in an Otter box Commuter Series case. Best mix of sleekness and protection in my opinion. As far as your ringtone issue, it's tough since you're not rooted. I had to go into my system files and change the extensions of the sounds I wanted to use to .ogg files and move them to system/media/ringtones. Then reboot and they should show up. I should tell you I'm running a custom ICS ROM though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

OP
K

KuroErin

Reaction score
Ok sorry for bringing this thread back but one quick question.

Like I said before my phone isn't rooted. I haven't done any modifications since I first bought my phone.

So my question being, if I perform a Factory Data Reset on my phone could it fix the issues of my music not being read for my tones/my contacts getting mixed together?

bionicmike

Reaction score
Otter box Commuter Series case. Best mix of sleekness and protection in my opinion.

This. I have the Commuter as well, and while the plastic can be a little slick on the outside shell, it's very durable without adding a lot of extra volume to the phone. I ordered both the Otterbox Commuter and the Incipio Sylicrylic, both comparable cases, but the quality of the Otterbox was MUCH higher, the silicone inner sleeve fit much more tightly to the phone, and has little room to stretch and wear out compared to the Incipio. Also, the protection of the headphone jack and charging/HDMI ports with the silicone sleeve is another major advantage of the Commuter.