Recent issues I dont know how to fix.

trdsoarer93

Reaction score
Ever since i got my phone, it would randomly restart upon unlocking or pulling it off the docking station. etc.
after almost a year i did a factory reset, and it worked flawlessly.

a few weeks later i get the gingerbread update.
It starts to do the freezing and restarting, so i do a factory reset..

at first i noticed i had problems getting my facebook account PICTURES to show. but the contacts would all be there. i just had to endable background data... and volia.

Now, 2 days ago alot of my contact pictures disapeared. after a few restarts, i decided to remove the facebook accout. ofcourse all my contacts from there disapeared.
I add it back. and no contacts sync. no pictures sync.
nothing.

ive done 3 factory resets now and nothing i try and do allows my facebook account to sync like it did with froyo.. and even since after the first time i had to do a factory reset after gingerbread.. it worked then but not now?

I can use an app to sync pictures syncmypix ?? but it does not really help for everything. Under the Messaging widget, click on facebook.. all the convos will be there, but none of the pictures. so its not a perfect soluition. and i cant even create a new message in that part of the facebook/messaging app built into the phone because none of the contacts for facebook show or are searchable.

Thats Issue #1.

Issue #2 is my wifi..
Ive even turned off its Sleep policy, but i swear i have to turn off wifi and turn it back on to keep browsing or downloading apps from marketplace..
like angry birds.. i get maybe 40% done.. and it stops.. i turn wifi off then on and it continues..
i can be in them middle of forum surfing and same thing..

Issue #3.
on Outbound calls only.. The dialpad? with the bluetooth, mute, speaker, numberpad etc.. it minimizes to the top. i have to pull it down and select. . if i wanted to use the dialpad to enter numbers.. then once my head touches the phone,, it goes black, pull head away.. have to do it all over.. pull the convo down then select show dialpad.

Now the Call settings are supposed to fix this.. but they dont. I have nothing checkboxed in the Call Settings > show dialpad
as i read thats how i "fix" my issue.. but it doesnt. even after a new factory reset.. again..

Im most concerned about issue 1 and 2.. if anyone knows how i can fix this i would be forever in your debt.
(btw I had used z4root on froyo, didnt unroot when i installed gingerbread, dont plan on rooting gb unless its easy, and i dont understand half of what this forum talks about sbf, onrclick etc.. seems when i search i have to connect phone to pc to root it and have to sbf? back if i want to unroot)
so a heads up i need it in laymans terms.

Last edited:
OP
T

trdsoarer93

Reaction score
Heres another issue ive noticed..

browsing the Internet. finding a phone number, usually you can tap on it, and it shows up in the diaplad and you can call it.
well clicking on a phone number brings up the dialpad, but it does not display the numbers.. infact it shows the PREVIOUSLY dialed number. not the one from the website you were just browsing.