Receiving same email several times

Olderslower

Reaction score
I often receive the same email several times even after I have deleted it. I suspect this is a server issue, but anyone else experiencing this?

shcommish

Reaction score
I did one day! The email kept coming back until I actually went to my mail server and deleted it. Another issue AFTER the update!

INFERNO

Reaction score
I have the same problem.....before and after the update.

samport

Reaction score
Happens everytime I delete mail a few minutes latter its back

reggin

Reaction score
Is someone responding to the original e-mail? And where is the e-mail coming from? Gmail, or some other provider?

B Hertz

Reaction score
i had this problem. i went to email > whichever email acct > menu > email check frequency > and switched to a longer period of time. I chose 30 min personally and that seemed to do the trick. not sure how often you need your email notifications though.

OP
O

Olderslower

Reaction score
The emails come from a variety of sources and the problem seems to occur whether or not there is a response to the email...

Itamar

Reaction score
This has happened to me both before & after the update.
I have noticed that the emails that return are not being deleted from the server which is why they keep getting pushed back. After getting one returned today, I logged into the email acct via web browser and discovered that the returning email is still there even though it was deleted from the Droid. Once I delete it from the server via the browser, it did not return. I don't know what's causing this, but obviously the Droid is not always handling email deletion properly.

reggin

Reaction score
Ok, here's what I'm thinking. Did you guys create your other e-mail accounts on the phone? If so, go to the phone and delete the accounts you created.

Now go to your Gmail account on your PC and set up the accounts in the Gmail>Settings and configure the accounts in the Accounts and Import>Check mail using POP3 section.

I think this may fix your issues.

Let me know if it works or not.

Cabbie

Reaction score
i had this problem. i went to email > whichever email acct > menu > email check frequency > and switched to a longer period of time. I chose 30 min personally and that seemed to do the trick. not sure how often you need your email notifications though.
I only seem to have this problem with my Verizon email account. It was set at 5 minutes and I just changed it to 30 to see if this solution works. Thank

jnestico

Reaction score
I am having the same problem from day one.I will get 25 or so emails anywhere from a week to over a month ago. Some that I didn't delete off the server,cause i needed to save the email in a folder on my laptop,but most have been long deleted. I'm using a POP email,Optonline. It is anoying since you cant delete bulk emails in your trash bin,you have to delete them one at a time. Hope someone comes with a fix for this.

Last edited:

Cabbie

Reaction score
I am having the same problem from day one.I will get 25 or so emails anywhere from a week to over a month ago. Some that I didn't delete off the server,cause i needed to save the email in a folder on my laptop,but most have been long deleted. I'm using a POP email,Optonline. It is anoying since you cant delete bulk emails in your trash bin,you have to delete them one at a time. Hope someone comes with a fix for this.
You can batch delete e-mails. See attached thread.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid/962-how-batch-delete-emails.html

jnestico

Reaction score
You can batch delete e-mails. See attached thread.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid/962-how-batch-delete-emails.html

Thanks for the reply,I know about doing it that way but you still have to select each message to delete them.There is no select all to delete