receiving phone calls not ringing

droid4607

Reaction score
for some weeks now, my girl and i have been recieving phone calls like nomal and sometimes the ringtone will play and sometimes it doesnt.

anyone have any suggestions on why this might be happening?

thank you

tonybrown801

Reaction score
I have had a problem with some downloaded ring tones that quit working. That could be the case. Check and see if the ring tone for that contact is a good one or not.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
you using custom ringtones or provided ringtones?

BohemianJ

Reaction score
I too am having this same problem. I have tried using the factory installed ringtones as well and the phone will not ring.

dogwolf

Reaction score
This sometimes happens to me as well. At times it seems the volume is down, when I never knowingly turned it down. Not sure if this is a bug, or me inadvertently brushing the screen or toggling the volume button. (I have made a few pocket calls on this puppy...doh!)
Still appraising...

Happy New Year everyone!

:noworktomorrow::noworktomorrow:

CronoDL

Reaction score
This has happened to me 3 times in the last 2 days. I haven't been able to reproduce it by calling myself on different phones, but it's annoying as heck.

I'd turn on my phone and realize that I just missed a call 5 minutes ago while the phone was right by me.

OP
droid4607

droid4607

Reaction score
the provided ringtones work. the custom ones work, at one point and then dont work some time later. sometimes if i turn my phone off, they will work, and then not work again. some ringtones are some mp3s i have on my phone and those wont work either. this has been going on for days on end.

Sharris3000

Reaction score
This has happened to me too & when it does I also don't get a missed call icon.

dwclt

Reaction score
This is happening to me as well. My Droid doesn't ring and several hours later, it vibrates for voice mails. When I check them, they are several hours old. I don't have any notification of missed calls nor do I have it in my call log. The people tell me it rings 4/5 times and then they get my voice mail. I've had a Blackberry for 4 years and never had this problem at my home...which I work from home. This has never happened until I got my Droid. I'm on my 3rd one and I'm taking it back and going to get a new Blackberry...I'm tired of all the problems of the Droid.

lucky58

Reaction score
I have a Motorola Milestone and have ringing problems too. My first receiving phone call is NOT ringing. I always get a missed tone though (with app "missed call"). Afterwards - later on the day - the phone is ringing when for example I receive a second or third etc ... call. What is going on. Its driving me crazy!

marcogiudice

Reaction score
This is happening to me as well. My Droid doesn't ring and several hours later, it vibrates for voice mails. When I check them, they are several hours old. I don't have any notification of missed calls nor do I have it in my call log. The people tell me it rings 4/5 times and then they get my voice mail. I've had a Blackberry for 4 years and never had this problem at my home...which I work from home. This has never happened until I got my Droid. I'm on my 3rd one and I'm taking it back and going to get a new Blackberry...I'm tired of all the problems of the Droid.

im on my 3rd one too, in a little over a month each phone having a different problem and refuse to got back to any other phone, ill keep having them send me new phones till we get it right. niow my phone does that also with the ring tones but only with custom ringtones not with factory ones.. i feel ur pain! im on my 3rd droid and still having issuses.. i love my droid but motorola needs to perfect this phone once and for all

droid-su

Reaction score
possible solution

I had this problem. Be sure to check the options for whichever contact's call that you're not receiving. There is an option to send their calls straight to voicemail. Make sure the option is unchecked. I'm not sure how or why, but this option seemed to have turned itself on.

Hope this helps!

dwclt

Reaction score
I had this problem. Be sure to check the options for whichever contact's call that you're not receiving. There is an option to send their calls straight to voicemail. Make sure the option is unchecked. I'm not sure how or why, but this option seemed to have turned itself on.

Hope this helps!
This isn't the issue...I know that option is there, but it's sporadic with different numbers. Some how the phone goes to some sort of sleep mode. I found that I don't even get text messages when it goes into the "hidden" sleep mode. I will call to check my voice mails (no notification that I have one, just doing it to use the phone) then I'll get several text messages and voice messages at once. It seems when I use the phone, it wakes back up and all the notifications are sent at once. Don't call Verizon...nothing but morons work there. If I have to hear them ask me to make sure my volume is turned up, I'm going to throw my phone towards their forehead. My other Verizon phone, Blackberry, is not doing this. So it's not a signal issue...I always have full signal with 3G.

lucky58

Reaction score
Since the update from 2.0 to 2.01 at least for me, I do not have this problem anymore.