Receiving duplicate texts

My_Comment

Reaction score
Is anyone else receiving duplicate text messages? I ask my friends if they receive mine as 'duplicate, and they say no. Although, I do receive theirs twice. And I've been told that they've sent me a text, but I did not receive?

I would love it fixed! Do we have a fix? Or should I go into my local Verizon office?

Thanks much!

ConqSoft

Reaction score
The only times it has happened to me was when I was in sketchy coverage areas.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
And just to clarify, I saw the same thing occasionally on pretty much every Android phone I've had. Not on the iPhone though. And all were used in the same areas. So, not sure what the issue is...

OP
M

My_Comment

Reaction score
And just to clarify, I saw the same thing occasionally on pretty much every Android phone I've had. Not on the iPhone though. And all were used in the same areas. So, not sure what the issue is...
I never had this issue with my original Droid. Hmm.

donnie5336

Reaction score
Are you actually getting duplicate texts or just duplicate notifications? I had the double notifications thing happen when I first got my OG Droid and downloaded Handcent SMS. Didn't know to turn off the factory text messaging notifications. If its actually duplicate messages, I have very seldomly had that happen before... no answer for that one.

Kenyon1

Reaction score
I have the same problem on my rezound

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

DocsDad

Reaction score
I have had it happen a half dozen times over the last 2 years. Not a constant issue. I haven't had it happen with the Razr or Razr Maxx yet though. Did you reboot? Still happening?

OP
M

My_Comment

Reaction score
Are you actually getting duplicate texts or just duplicate notifications? I had the double notifications thing happen when I first got my OG Droid and downloaded Handcent SMS. Didn't know to turn off the factory text messaging notifications. If its actually duplicate messages, I have very seldomly had that happen before... no answer for that one.

Its duplicate text messages only.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I noticed I get dups every once in a while, but I only get them from people with iPhones! Everyone else who texts me with Android or regular "dumb phones" I never gets dups from, but from my friends with iPhones, is when I get the dups.

anyone else able to connect the same dots?

OP
M

My_Comment

Reaction score
I have had it happen a half dozen times over the last 2 years. Not a constant issue. I haven't had it happen with the Razr or Razr Maxx yet though. Did you reboot? Still happening?

No. How do I reboot my Razr?

DocsDad

Reaction score
Sorry, I was referring to restarting. I suppose you could reboot too. Hold volume down and power button at same time for about 10 seconds. (fixes frozen phone without battery pull since we can't). Some people say starting in safe mode might fix it but I don't know anything about it, or how to do it. Anyone?

ltcalex

Reaction score
Sorry about the dups. I too received dup email after migrating to Droid RAZR (previously and still maintain verizon - -vzn). The remedy I found (as p[osted by some else is to power down, wait about five minutes and then power up again.. The dups should disappear. Hope this solves your problem.