1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Received Warranty Replacement Galaxy Nexus from Verizon w/ Unlocked Bootloader

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by xtremeosiris, Oct 22, 2012.

1. xtremeosiris

xtremeosiris New Member

I just received my second replacement GNex (first one had screen issues) and when I went to boot it up for the first time right out of the box I noticed the Un-Lock symbol at the bottom of the initial Google boot screen. At first I wasn't really sure but then I booted into recovery and looked at the Loader State which confirmed that it was unlocked.

I don't mind this as I was planning on unlocking and rooting anyways as was my original GNex but I was wondering if there are any checks I can do to ensure that the phone I received in an already unlocked state will be good for the long haul? My biggest concern is someone had the thing overclocked too high or something. I did a pixel checker to make sure the display is all good, did a root checker but it is not rooted. Anything else to check? I have 4 more days until I have to turn in my original GNex so need to make my decision soon. I plan on rooting and flashing a new rom onto the CLNR GNex soon to make sure that goes alright but otherwise not sure what to check.

Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions.
  2. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

I wouldn't be too worried, Verizon started sending out unlocked CLNRs awhile back. If it really isn't up for the long haul you could just get another CLNR.
  3. tgyberg

tgyberg Well-Known Member

Nice! Saves you the work. You cant really over overclock a phone. If a phone doesn't like 1.4ghz for example, it wont run right, very choppy and pretty much unusable.
Search tags for this page
galaxy nexus warrenty s3
sending unlocked samsung galaxy nexus to warranty

verizon galaxy nexus warranty replacement

verizon replaced original droid with galaxy nexus

verizon warranty galaxy nexus

what is the replacement phone for the verizon galaxy nexus
what will verizon replace a galaxy nexus with