Received Warranty Replacement Galaxy Nexus from Verizon w/ Unlocked Bootloader

xtremeosiris

Reaction score
I just received my second replacement GNex (first one had screen issues) and when I went to boot it up for the first time right out of the box I noticed the Un-Lock symbol at the bottom of the initial Google boot screen. At first I wasn't really sure but then I booted into recovery and looked at the Loader State which confirmed that it was unlocked.

I don't mind this as I was planning on unlocking and rooting anyways as was my original GNex but I was wondering if there are any checks I can do to ensure that the phone I received in an already unlocked state will be good for the long haul? My biggest concern is someone had the thing overclocked too high or something. I did a pixel checker to make sure the display is all good, did a root checker but it is not rooted. Anything else to check? I have 4 more days until I have to turn in my original GNex so need to make my decision soon. I plan on rooting and flashing a new rom onto the CLNR GNex soon to make sure that goes alright but otherwise not sure what to check.

Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I wouldn't be too worried, Verizon started sending out unlocked CLNRs awhile back. If it really isn't up for the long haul you could just get another CLNR.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Nice! Saves you the work. You cant really over overclock a phone. If a phone doesn't like 1.4ghz for example, it wont run right, very choppy and pretty much unusable.