Received my Piel Frama Case Today!!!

Terra

Reaction score
I've been waiting a long time for this case to arrive, but it definitely was worth the wait. I'll post pictures up later...

The case is perfect; super soft leather, wrapped around a thin (aprox. 3 to 4 mm) abs plastic shell. Also, the case has side walls that provide extra protection against falls. The pictures online make the case look like a prized heffer, but the bulk that the case adds is more or less the size of the phone with the body glove case on.

The phone fits perfect, and I'm not surprised. Piel frama caters to a niche market and, therefore, is able to exclusively fabricates high end leather cases. The cut outs are precise, the craftsmanship is excellent. This is by far the best case I've ever owned.

For those who are interested I purchased it from cases.com. I believe they still have their sale going on. It shouldn't take too long for those who order it now because it's in stock. When I ordered it the case was in presale status and shipment from piel frama was also delayed. However, cases.com made good and upgraded my shipping to 2 day air at no extra cost because of the delay. Anyways, this case is not for everyone. However, If you don't mind a little extra bulk, want a super high quality and fashionable case, then buy it and you won't regret it. The pictures online do not do the case justice.

tdjt

Reaction score
Looks nice. The main problem I see with cases (aside from bulk, but I'm assuming you're okay with some bulk if you want a case to begin with) is that a droid in a case won't work with the docks.

OP
T

Terra

Reaction score
Yeah, the case not working with the docks is a tradeoff. But, unless you go with a custom dock, or seido's cases/docks this is a problem for most cases.

Acutally I got it for around 55 with the pre order and discount. Still expensive, but based on the reviews piel frama has received they are quality products and made to last. My mentality is that I rather spend $55 on something that I like, is good quality, and is bulit to last; rather than $55 dollars on multiple cases trying to find the one I like best. I hope to get some pics up soon.

rleonard

Reaction score
Terra,
I agree with you. Get the best first then you dont have to redo. Do you know of any promotion codes to get the discount?

Bob

OP
T

Terra

Reaction score
Terra,
I agree with you. Get the best first then you dont have to redo. Do you know of any promotion codes to get the discount?

Bob

The should have one displayed on their banner. Let me know if you can't find it.

surfscottydog

Reaction score
Terra,
Thanks for posting. I had no idea that Piel Framma had cases for the Droid. I have two of there cases for my old Palm something or other and my old Palm Treo. I have had the first case for over six years, and the Treo case for over four. They both hold up awesome, my only complaint is the belt clip. It has a button to release the case that wears out. It will still clip in, but you just need to pull it off instead of pushing the button to release it.
Fortunately those are cheap and can be replaced if needed. I never worried about it, it was just a nag for me.
So anyway, I bought two today, a red one for my wife's Droid and a boring black one for me. I almost got the blue, but did not have the nerve.
What color did you get? Good luck with the case, it is slightly different then the Palm ones, so I guess we'll see how it holds up.
I also found some 15% off coupon to apply by googling case.com coupons and there they were. thanks again.

Last edited:
OP
T

Terra

Reaction score
Surf,

You will love the cases. I got the black one. The pictures don't do the case justice. The leather is beautiful and super soft, which makes it amazing to use. Fyi you will notice that the case has side walls; thus, place the droid flush with the back of the case with the bottom of the droid right above the top of the side walls. Then slide the phone down.The phone fits perfect.

thrashtrash

Reaction score
I desparately want this case.

its a damn shame i cant find it for any less than 80 bucks tho. i had the body clove the the little snap on lip that holds the phone broke off so now its useless. i drop my phone a lot and i tear it on my belt too and it is constantly falling off. anyone know where to get this on the cheap?? please send me an email [email protected]

cpjr

Reaction score
Case looks fantastic....does it muffle the sound alot? I may be ordering soon :D

tmp_droid

Reaction score
Question ... How easy is it to remove the phone from the case?

OP
T

Terra

Reaction score
Case looks fantastic....does it muffle the sound alot? I may be ordering soon :D

Not at all. The back has four small holes punched through the leather, which the sound is channeled through and appears to amplify the sound.