Received email from Verizon saying 4g was now available in my area, but it's not.

ndtaylor77

Reaction score
Hi guys. I received an email from Verizon yesterday saying 4g was now available in my area, but I'm not getting a 4g signal on my phone. I am 100% sure all my settings are correct and my phone connected to 4g just last weekend while I was out of town. I was just wondering if anyone has received this email prematurely or should I be getting on the phone with tech support? Thanks in advance. I live in central Georgia if anyone has any specific info.

pinoy_92

Reaction score
youre from GA? im from SC. were almost like neighbors :)

have you tried going to the verizon store and see if you have 4g there? most of the time, the whole city does not have 4g.

OP
ndtaylor77

ndtaylor77

Reaction score
They're not open yet, but I used Verizon's website to check using my address and it claims I should have it. I'm going to call the store, but the employees there barely know how to operate a phone. I'm not sure if they'll even know what 4g is.

nikecar

Reaction score
youre from GA? im from SC. were almost like neighbors :)

have you tried going to the verizon store and see if you have 4g there? most of the time, the whole city does not have 4g.
I'm in FL, so that makes the OP a 2nd cousin, and you are my cousin. :p

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
ndtaylor77 said:
They're not open yet, but I used Verizon's website to check using my address and it claims I should have it. I'm going to call the store, but the employees there barely know how to operate a phone. I'm not sure if they'll even know what 4g is.

I'm in so cal, when I checked my home and work addresses neither was supposed to have, they did, sketch but I have 4g. One tower within 200 miles is in the area, kinda sorta.

SteveOstrovsky

Reaction score
I got the same email and I live between Columbia and Augusta. Coverage Map shows extended 4G on my out in the country street, but my phone hasn't shown it yet. I get 4G just fine along I20 and in Columbia.

Give it time. It's spreading, and not as slow as I thought it would. 4G was one of the reasons I upgraded from my DroidX to Razr.

By the way, hey there cousins in GA and FL. How y'all been?

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Howdy brothers from another mother and 2nd cousins... I'm just north of y'all in Tennessee.

So, thinking that this is a holiday weekend, the email may be a bit premature. Best bet would be to go out for a weekend drive to and see if you can pick up 4G anywhere else. C'mon up here to Knoxville... 4G is very strong here. Much better than the "NoWay Network"... um, I mean sprint. :icon_eek:

David

OP
ndtaylor77

ndtaylor77

Reaction score
I finally was able to speak to someone at my local Verizon store which is only a block from my home. They don't have 4g either so it looks like Verizon jumped the gun on the email. Thanks guys for all your input.

OP
ndtaylor77

ndtaylor77

Reaction score
5 days later and still no 4g anywhere near me even though a look at Verizon's coverage map shows my address solidly in a 4g area.

jasonwuzthere

Reaction score
They sent us that email, too. We get it when we're near the river (aka Kentucky, we live in Indiana) but at our actual address we get 3G (kinda).

OP
ndtaylor77

ndtaylor77

Reaction score
Three weeks later, still no 4g anywhere near me. Verizon still says there should be. No problems with my phone. I have traveled to areas that actually do have 4g coverage and my phone connects flawlessly. It always amazes me how little Verizon employees actually know about their network.