1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Received Droid 2 today, one fatal flaw...

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Thanassi44, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Thanassi44

Thanassi44 New Member

So i pre-ordered online yesterday with my upgrade discount. The new Droid 2 was delivered to my work, so i spent the better part of the afternoon tinkering with it, reinstalling apps, etc. (and not being productive)

I didnt bother making any phone calls because I didnt have to.

After 5 call attemps (2 incoming, 3 outgoing) I realized no one can hear me. I confirmed this by trying different people, leaving a voicemail for them and then attempting to play back the voicemail before finalizing it. Callers on the other end were low in volume and there was a bunch of static hiss like the old analog days.

I also tried using a voice recorder app and sure enough, nothing resembling me on the playback, but more of that audio hiss.

Question: am i doing something wrong? is there some setting that i need to enable? or did i just get a bad droid2?

coming from rooted Droid1 with CM6-RC2

:icon_eek:
  2. brando56894

brando56894 New Member

Sounds like the microphone sucks, bring it back to verizon and see if theyll give you a new one.