1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

REC'D new RAZR, Can this sync with outlook?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Support' started by rmudge11, Nov 10, 2011.

1. rmudge11

rmudge11 New Member

Got the new Razr and set it up. Had some bumps with activating, had to call in and walk thru it. Seems to be working so far. Verizon doesn't ship with any software for sync to outlook though. Nothing on the motorola site that I have found either. Does anyone know if / how this is possible?
  2. Nyteravyn

Nyteravyn New Member

first you have to sync outlook with your google account on your pc, then sync your phone with your google account.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  3. rmudge11

rmudge11 New Member

I remember that was one of the options with my HTC Incredble. HTS had sync software thatallowed the user to sync their calendard and contacts with outlook and avoid using the google option. That's what I'm interested in.
  4. enlightened

enlightened Super Moderator

There's no native mail app that allows you to set up an Outlook account? You could always use a third-party app.
  5. rmudge11

rmudge11 New Member

Setting up the email account is fairly straightforward. We have no exchange server as we a a small company, but we have IMAP email. I dont' see anything regarding synchronizing the contacts and calendar though.
  6. SquireSCA

SquireSCA Well-Known Member

Have you tried setting up the email account with the "Corporate Email" type, putting in your IMAP info and seeing if it can connect? I don't think regular email has the "Sync contacts and calanders" options, but when setting up a corp email account it does ask you if you want to sync them. Worth giving it a shot...
  7. rmudge11

rmudge11 New Member

That does not work either. I think its' looking for an exchange server, but am not sure. I just called motorola and they say that the only way to do it is thru synching with google. I will check for a third party solution on the market.

Thank you all!
  8. companionlink

companionlink New Member

SyncDroid.net is a good place to start. They have a good list of the available options for syncing Android with Outlook. If you have specific questions about our option, I'm happy to help.

- David
  9. mmccarty

mmccarty New Member

Did you get connected to your outlook? I just walked through the setup for attaching to corporate email and it is working fine. The one exception is that contacts seem to be only synched when added to the server. They will then load to the phone, but contacts loaded on the phone do not go to the server. I had an HTC ozone previously and it was bi-directional. I have not yet resolved this.

10. breedingh8

breedingh8 New Member

Corp email worked fine for me my comapny uses BPOS

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums
  11. Emperor Crusher

Emperor Crusher New Member

Answer: How to Sync Razr Contacts and Calendar with Outlook

@rmudge11,

From what I have read, you wish to sync Android contacts and calendar with Outlook contacts and calendar. Let me first set a few records straight. You do NOT have a corporate Exchange account, so all the suggestions that keep being given that you try Exchange or a corporate account will not help you. Motorola support has informed you that the only way to sync is through Google. This is sad, because there are many ways to sync that are NOT through Google and shows their lack of knowledge and understanding on this subject. HTC offered HTC Sync to sync their own Android offerings. Unfortunately, Motorola has never offered an Outlook sync solution, which is why they essentially blew you off.

There are literally dozens of ways to sync the Razr and nearly any Android device with Outlook. As CompanionLink mentioned, there is a chart at syncdroid.net that lists these dozens of software offerings, including CompanionLink's own offering. They also have a filtered chart so you can say something like, show me all sync solutions that sync calendar and contacts through Google (or Wi-Fi, or USB, or Bluetooth) and you will get a list of your solutions very quickly. Happy syncing!
Search tags for this page
connecting droid razr hd to exchange server
does the droid razr m support microsoft outlook

droid razr microsoft exchange setup

how to set up outlook on droid razr

how to set up outlook on motorola razr v3
motorola droid razr corporate email setup
motorola razr hd sync with outlook
outlook droid razer how to install
razr d1 exchange 2010
set up outlook on a motorola razor m
setting up outlook razor m motorola solutions