Recap of Quad-Core phones coming out this year with potential release time-frames

thesandman00

Reaction score
What exactly is so great about iPhone hardware? Cause I hear it a lot that they have amazing hardware but unless I have the wrong definition of hardware then I just don't see it at all.

The 4s has one of the best mobile gpus out there. The new iPad has the most powerful hardware of any mobile device out. Their OS may be primitive and stale, but you can't say their hardware is underpowered.

barski

Reaction score
What exactly is so great about iPhone hardware? Cause I hear it a lot that they have amazing hardware but unless I have the wrong definition of hardware then I just don't see it at all.

Also every friend I have that jail breaks their iPhone has problems. Jail broken iPhones are only good for one thing...free apps. As far as stability goes they suck!

Android is the opposite. Hacking makes it far better. So the iPhone becoming smoother after hacking it is in your head not a real thing because I'm pretty sure hacking your iPhone is not done for performance enhancements. Just for cydia and instalous and whatever else they use for free apps

When an iPhone is released the spec's on it are right up there with all the others. But the biggest plus they have going for them is programming iOS to work next to perfect with the hardware they choose. So in essence, iPhone doesn't even need to have the best spec's. They know how to take full advantage of what they have and it in end makes everything work better than the latest and "greatest" spec'd phones.

On the iPhone i jailbroke, it was smooth as butter stock. I didn't do anything after jailbreaking, just jailbroke and gave it to him. As an IT pro i get this stuff, rooting a stock phone isn't going to make anything different. Same as jailbreaking. Its all what you can do with it after being rooted and jailbroke. As for the free apps after jailbreaking, it's pretty rare to see one of those paid apps we get for free crash. ik people with jailbroke ipod touchs, ipads, iphone's and they don't experience crashing problems. From what i've could tell it is the same exact app from app store placed on a file server.

Don't mean to start a war, but its obvious why iOS is doing so well.

BrUhNiGGs

Reaction score
I really can't choose between an iPhone or Gnex. Iphones are so smooth and I love that. As for android can be laggy at times and it pisses me off. Maybe just cause I have D1. Not sure how the high-end android devices work and feel.

Sent from my CushZero using Tapatalk

alboboy10

Reaction score
The 4s has one of the best mobile gpus out there. The new iPad has the most powerful hardware of any mobile device out. Their OS may be primitive and stale, but you can't say their hardware is underpowered.

So gpu only? Its a glass phone with dropping call issues and even the GPS on it isn't that great. Every physical component of that device isn't that great. I'm not saying its a bad device, it's a great device BUT the hardware being great argument is getting old and tbh its pretty exaggerated

alboboy10

Reaction score
When an iPhone is released the spec's on it are right up there with all the others. But the biggest plus they have going for them is programming iOS to work next to perfect with the hardware they choose. So in essence, iPhone doesn't even need to have the best spec's. They know how to take full advantage of what they have and it in end makes everything work better than the latest and "greatest" spec'd phones.

On the iPhone i jailbroke, it was smooth as butter stock. I didn't do anything after jailbreaking, just jailbroke and gave it to him. As an IT pro i get this stuff, rooting a stock phone isn't going to make anything different. Same as jailbreaking. Its all what you can do with it after being rooted and jailbroke. As for the free apps after jailbreaking, it's pretty rare to see one of those paid apps we get for free crash. ik people with jailbroke ipod touchs, ipads, iphone's and they don't experience crashing problems. From what i've could tell it is the same exact app from app store placed on a file server.

Don't mean to start a war, but its obvious why iOS is doing so well.

Yea they do take advantage of their specs but at the same time the os is coded differently. I read an article a while ago about why android can never be SMOOTH while the iPhone will always be smooth despite their "worse" specs. The two operating systems are coded differently. Not to mention some things on iPhone aren't actually that smooth. I was using my friends iPhone for maps and it was not nearly as smooth as my nexus. And my nexus has issues.

My friend had his 3g hacked and the reason he doesn't hack his 4s is cause it'll be unstable. My other friends with 4s who have had the other four iPhones before are afraid to hack also because of this. And when they do they experience issues.

An iPhone is an app machine. Its a phone designed so you can download a million apps. That's why they have that whole grid system etc. The iPhone was designed around applications.