Reboots

gary73

Reaction score
Man I hope the update comes soon, hardly any reboots at first, now 2-3 times a day

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
gary73

gary73

Reaction score
Yea that was no help. I am running now the second radio combo on the list, so far so good. About 12 hrs. Thanks

OP
gary73

gary73

Reaction score
Called Verizon yesterday they told the my Verizon AP was causing reboots. Years right

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Fortunately I have not had a reboot issue. I got mine 2 weeks ago and the day after I got it I received the OTA. After 2 days still hadn't had a none user induced reboot. But I rooted it on day 4 becaues my GPS lock was TERRIBLE and I wanted to see if custom ROMs/kernels would help battery life. So far I am please with the device ... mainly because the dev support is unreal and I was able to pick up where I left off with my D1 - I ROM flashing whore :D

OP
gary73

gary73

Reaction score
Yea I would of went crazy or at least crazier without the devs. I came from d1 too. Love my thunderbolt even with bugs

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Yeah, I have been really enjoying the TB too ... I admit it was touch and go there the first few days (shoulda rooted it as soon I I got it out of the box), but lately I have been loving it!

VolDroid

Reaction score
Is the GPS lock better once rooted. I'm looking to upgrade and I'm trying to decide between the Thunderbolt and the Charge.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Is the GPS lock better once rooted. I'm looking to upgrade and I'm trying to decide between the Thunderbolt and the Charge.

I can only speak of my experience (of course) but yes, it is 100% better! Before I rooted and installed a custom ROM I had to wait about 10-20 minutes before GPS would lock. Once rooted and running a custom Froyo ROM it takes about 10-15 seconds! While I was running Gingerbread (which I miss SO very much) it locked almost instantly!!

I called HTC this morning (regrading battery life - mine is actually OK but I heard of some getting free extended batteries so I figured I'd give itr a shot :D) and she said while the release date is not known, the next update would more then likely but 2.3.(something). Not sure why I posted that here - but I did lol

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, I have been really enjoying the TB too ... I admit it was touch and go there the first few days (shoulda rooted it as soon I I got it out of the box), but lately I have been loving it!

Told ya! ;)

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com

HumanDroid

Reaction score
Hi,

Don't mean to hijack but I am wondering if I shoot root? I immediately set up launcher pro and customized everything the way I like it... and haven't seemed to have any issues other than missing 50% of my texts (blah).

What is the benefit of me rooting my phone? Better GPS?

Please pardon my ignorance.

OP
gary73

gary73

Reaction score
Don't understand your question ?