Reboots when updating apps

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by brad r, Jan 21, 2011.

1. brad r

brad r New Member

Since 4.96, my phone has been crashing when almost any apps are installing. If I delete the app and reinstall it, it works, but if I just install over what I already have, my phone reboots before it's done installing. It doesn't happen with every app, but it happens quite a bit, and I've tried several different kernels with the same result. I am currently using the 1ghz LV kernel that comes with the default ROM.

Is this happening to anyone else? Any ideas?
  2. 4lph4num3r1c

4lph4num3r1c New Member

I had the same problem. I used FIX PERMISSIONS in ROM Manager and that seems to have done the trick. Hope this helps.:)
  3. tzenda

tzenda New Member

I have this same problem. I have fixed perms a couple of times to no avail. I even turned on usb debugging for the heck of it but it still reboots. A couple of the apps I am trying to update have a lot of info I don't want to loose so uninstalling or clearing user data isn't an option for those. Ideas?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  4. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

clear data on market.

also, look into another chevy kernel. I dl the ones from 11.5 thread or the ones in RM. Flash one of those. I get best battery life and performance out of the 1.1 mv kernel. I suggest starting with a mv kernel...run that for a few days, then try a lv kernel...run that...compare. Then if your phone likes you...flash a ulv one. My phone has never been able to run the ulv kernels.
  5. brad r

brad r New Member

This did help. Thanks a lot!
  6. meishkov

meishkov New Member

Yea mine will never run a ulv kernel. It'll bootup but will randomly restart shortly after. The 1.1 mv kernel is the best one for my phone from what I've seen. But the older ones from the /kernels2 directory that have the interactive governor.