reboots when installing Bugless Beast

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by spooby54, Mar 19, 2010.

1. spooby54

spooby54 New Member

My phone is stuck in a reboot pattern when I install any bugless beast rom. I did backup the phone before I installed but am sick of trying. Can anyone tell me how to go back to stock. I will just fine just running home++ beta. OR if anyone can fix the problem and point me to a different rom that is not BB or Droid Mod, I tried droid mod but really didnt like it.
  2. toddegreene

toddegreene Member

I used Bugless Beast and will again, I like trying what's shiny and new so I keep switching ROMs. That said, did you follow the instructions exactly? If you're coming from DroidMod or a stock 2.0.1 you must use the nandoid file. If you use the update.zip you'll have problems. Let us know all the details about your upgrade path and we can get you up and going quickly.

*Edit* If you used DMUpdater to root, in recovery, under advance nandroid restore, there should be a file oem_2.0.1-BCDMRS-the date you rooted. Restore that and you'll be back to your base root configuration. Then, if you want to unroot, run DMUpdater again and choose the back to stock no root option.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  3. dmt316

dmt316 New Member

switch over to :blackdroid:ultimate droid...:)
  4. stedrocklp

stedrocklp New Member

What do you want out of a rom? Also if you did a backup then you can always go back to your backup. There are a lot of great roms out there but if you didnt like BB then you can always try others. I dont think I'm alone when I say I have tried flashing roms from all of the most popular dev's (Pete, ChevyNo1, Blackdroid, cyanogen, adamZ .....). You have to give each a try and see what fits you, what I like you may not.
  5. FSRBIKER

FSRBIKER New Member

Did you follow this write up? http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ha...-phone-2-1-rom-o-c-mm-boot-animation-etc.html

Sounds like you did just what I did, you put a space in the name of the subfolder that you extracted the ROM into. No big deal just follow the write up I did and start over with using your recovery, look at the steps around 27-33(power on holding the X key) and use your back up. You will have BB running in no time.

6. jstafford1

jstafford1 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

The usual cause of boot loops with new ROMs is failing to wipe data and wipe cache when coming from 2.0.1 to 2.1 or vice versa. I make it a habit whenever I flash a new ROM to just wipe both so I don't have to worry. I think if you wipe data and wipe cache then reflash the ROM you will be ok.
  7. FSRBIKER

FSRBIKER New Member

Pete in fact says to wipe each twice before proceeding.
Search tags for this page

@mhes.com

@mhes.com loc:us