Reboots & Network Access

Quiltaday

Reaction score
I have had this particular TB for about 2 weeks, and have had ZERO reboots ... untill i took it off the WiFi and ventured across state lines and had it on the Verizon Network. Now it is rebooting several times a day. Has anyone else nticed if this culd be coincidence or not?

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
I think that's interesting if it isn't coincidence... Maybe its the LTE radio or something... Either way, I'm sure Verizon knows the exact issue and is working on a fix... In the meantime, just live with it I guess, or flash a custom Tom, of course.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

johnd09

Reaction score
Yes mine reboots on 3g quite frequently. I was in a 4g area yesterday and no reboots. I also don't have trouble on WiFi. It is a problem with the 3g radio causing the reboot.

Sent from my Thunderbolt!!

Reaction score
I live in a 4G area but usually keep my TBolt on 3g to conserve battery an I don't have the reboot issue.

Why yes; that is a Thunderbolt in my pocket.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
I've had zero reboots since installing GB radio 2.5 and no brick after a week... And I'm running DasBamf 3.0.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

NoStopN

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7
Twitter
@NoStopN
Yes mine reboots on 3g quite frequently. I was in a 4g area yesterday and no reboots. I also don't have trouble on WiFi. It is a problem with the 3g radio causing the reboot.

Sent from my Thunderbolt!!

Interesting that you have seen it only on 3G. I've been trying to figure out it's pattern. Mine typically restarts at home (3G). I typically keep the entire network off during the day (at work) to save the battery. I can't remember a reboot while in 4G range. I thought I read somewhere that VZW would have a new software update by July first. But, that was from a tech website. No one at Big Red has said anything firm about an update.