reboots during phone calls

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by telex9471, Apr 4, 2011.

1. telex9471

telex9471 New Member

Hey I have been having random reboots during phone calls very frequently. I have 5.2 + patches and of course I did a full wipe. But I get one random reboot a day during a phone call. I know this is a gingerbread issue from what I have seen on the forums. But does this happen to a lot of you? I am getting frustrated with gingerbread even though Chevy made it 100x better that in was supposed to be. I just cant stand these random reboots and I want to stay on SS/gingerbread, but this is a phone lol. I want my phone to work 100% of the time and I didn't know who else has phone issues and if there will ever be a fix for it. If not I will have to go back to froyo (yuk) but thanks for any info on who else has these issues and if there will be any fixes on this issue.
  2. wricks

wricks Premium Member Premium Member

I haven't had that issue, but I would get random reboots (on my phone) if I pushed the kernel I was using to the full 1.2GHz. If you are using the supplied kernel, or any other, go to Chevy tools > performance tweaks > CPU settings and step the max freq down a notch or two. See if that helps.
  3. telex9471

telex9471 New Member

Yea I am on stock lv 600 MHz so its not that. I have tried Med voltage also but same old. I am going to wait till end of this week and see if it keeps happening but I think this rom is worth one random and one loss phone call.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  4. Monkey74

Monkey74 New Member

Ok, I've had my phone reboot today after sending a GV text. But I've also noticed that it reboots in the mornings and the Good Morning app does not come back up, so I end up getting up late :icon_evil:. Does anybody have the same issue/knows what could cause it?
  5. johnny140

johnny140 New Member

I can tell you that I have that same problem with my phone also. It was getting so bad I couldn't stand it! I was so agrivated that I decided to go back to stock Froyo. I then decided to give simply stunning 5.2 another chance. I installed everything by hand being sure not to use titanium backup to restore anything. I had been just using it for my apps thinking if I didn't use it for anything system related like wifi access points. I am at least down to I guess what's the normal 1 or 2 reboots a day. When my phone does reboot it can take 15 minutes before I can use it even after the wipe and manual install of every app. I have a droid 1 A855. I hope this can be fixed soon.

6. telex9471

telex9471 New Member

I am testing something new and will get back to you guys by the end of this week. I have a hunch on something ....

7. johnny140

johnny140 New Member

random reboots

Been doing some reading and it appears that the random reboot issue is a problem with Gingerbread itself. Checked Google's mobile help forum and people with the Nexus S phone with Gingerbread are experiencing random reboots and Google is working on fixing it apparently. I am thinking at this point that I will have to go back to Froyo until this problem is fixed. I don't believe it has anything to do with what ChevyNo1 has done or not done. I really appreciate all of ChevyNo1's work to make an excellent ROM and from what I've seen he has. I have donated to ChevyNo1 in the past and do not regret it, I think he has done an excellent job with what he has to work with. I love it while it works but when it reboots it just takes too much time to reboot. I find that sometimes after waiting a long time it just freezes up and I have to do a battery pull and if I'm lucky I won't have to do a nandroid recovery. I think I will go back to ChevyNo1's Froyo ROM for now until this gets ironed out in the future which I'm sure it will.
  8. johnny140

johnny140 New Member

I found that if I disable the world tour wallpaper updates this fixed the random reboot issue for me. Just thought I would post this in the hopes that it will save someone some headaches.

9. telex9471

telex9471 New Member

How long u have no reboots?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  10. johnny140

johnny140 New Member

I haven't had a reboot since. Usually reboot manually after 48 hours because of my phone getting slow.

11. telex9471

telex9471 New Member

Still good? If so Chevy should know about this

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  12. johnny140

johnny140 New Member

Still good! I am really thinking that was the problem. I tried to not reboot for a long time this weekend by using the task kill in Chevy tools and was running non stop for 60 hours before I gave up and rebooted manually because of laginess. It has been very stable though which I'm pleased to report!

13. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

It seems that, generally, it's memory related issues and so you need to be aware of how much stuff you are asking the phone to handle at one time.... widgets, apps, services, live wallpapers, locked-in apps, etc. The leaner you can run things, the more stable it gets. My phone occasionally reboots, but never during a phone call. And at certain points like just before I use navigation, I'll manually reboot. It's worth dealing with for the huge overall performance boost you get.
Search tags for this page
android phone reboot during call
android phone reboots while calling
android reboots during calls

droid x reboots during phone call

fixed reboot during call htc
htc gettting restart during call

htc one restarts in the middle of a call

htc one s reboots after call
htc one x phone call reboot
htc one x reboots after phone call
htc one x restart during phone call