reboots all of the sudden

lousta52

Reaction score
First let me say I have learned so much reading these forums since I got my D1 on launch day. My question is has anyone else been getting more reboots since yesterday. I got the DX on launch day and had reboots very infrequently. I have noticed the past two days about 7 so far, and I have not added or changed anything. any ideas?

Thanks

Rivers17jp3

Reaction score
Add me to the reboot list. Got it four days ago and had three reboots yesterday, one today. Sorry that I couldnt help!

GolfGuy54

Reaction score
i have a droid 1 and have been getting about 4 reboots a week for the past 2-3 weeks. i notice its more frequent when i am using the navigation. hope someone has the answer or the 2.2 update resolves it.

Reaction score
No reboots here yet, but i've had to pull the battery a couple of times today! WTF? X was working fine, now today I can't even run the Nav without a forceclose. After I put the battery back in Nav started itself and froze then I had to force close again! X has been really sluggish today too.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
L

lousta52

Reaction score
even worse today half of my screen went blank thankfully a reboot cleared that up. any ideas??????:icon_evil:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
even worse today half of my screen went blank thankfully a reboot cleared that up. any ideas??????:icon_evil:

Droid doesn't do resets. If yours is then more then likely you have some app in there that's not playing nice.

Try doing a factory data reset. If that doesn't clear things up then bring the X back to Verizon.

barski

Reaction score
I'll get a restart on my X about once a week, but thats also when RAM has high usage. I think there is a memory leak in one of the programs. This has seem to help me. Install Advanced Task Killer (free) go into the app then go into settings (by pressing the 4block key) go to auto kill level and select crazy go back then click on auto kill frequency and select when screen off, go back again (last time:)) hit security level and its your choice here but mine is on low, i just select the apps i dont want it to kill. After that everytime your phone goes to sleep it will kill those apps that are selected.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll get a restart on my X about once a week, but thats also when RAM has high usage. I think there is a memory leak in one of the programs. This has seem to help me. Install Advanced Task Killer (free) go into the app then go into settings (by pressing the 4block key) go to auto kill level and select crazy go back then click on auto kill frequency and select when screen off, go back again (last time:)) hit security level and its your choice here but mine is on low, i just select the apps i dont want it to kill. After that everytime your phone goes to sleep it will kill those apps that are selected.

That's about the worst advice you can give to someone who is having problems with phones rebooting. Droid handles it's memory just fine, it doesn't need a task killer specially ATK.