Rebooting

brndn99

Reaction score
Am i the only one who cant get a Droid that doesnt reboot. I am on my 4th one and still reboots on its own and it is really annoying when it does it when i get a call,they think you are hanging up on them and there is no record of the call.Is there a fix out there for this or do i just keep returning.I hate having to keep setting the new phone up we all know how long that takes.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
In most cases repeated reboots are caused by some apps that are not playing well together. Certainly if you've had the same issue with 4 Droids in a row. Think about it, the only thing that your four Droid had in come was the apps you loaded (assuming you loaded the same apps on all four!!). If that is the case, start looking at your apps that you had running when the reboots occur. There is going to be a common thread.

Are you running alternate home programs?
Do you have a virus program installed?
Do you have Launcher2.1 installed?
Do you have a task killer installed?

OP
B

brndn99

Reaction score
i use advance task killer and home++ could one of these cause the problem?

papy72

Reaction score
task killers, when improperly used, cause all kinds of issues. And there is the school of thought that they aren't even needed.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

The two things that are known to cause issues are task killers and mainly home replacement apps. Home++ never caused my phone to reboot, but it sure did cause lagging and some short-term freezes.

Good luck.

OP
B

brndn99

Reaction score
i unistalled task manager and it still reboots this is so frustrating i am still using home++

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you suspect it is an app, just try installing them one (or a few) at a time and run for a while. If it is running good, then add a few more. When it starts to act up, it is most likely one of the last ones you installed.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

The two things that are known to cause issues are task killers and mainly home replacement apps. Home++ never caused my phone to reboot, but it sure did cause lagging and some short-term freezes.

Good luck.

If you suspect it is an app, just try installing them one (or a few) at a time and run for a while. If it is running good, then add a few more. When it starts to act up, it is most likely one of the last ones you installed.

They're absolutley right. Fourth phone, has to be an app. You won't want to hear this, but you might want to try a factory reset and run without any apps for a time. Then start adding the apps back in one at a time and see if the issue reoccurs. Good luck to you!