Rebooting your phone is good?

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
Well, I lump it in with them because, like them, a) a lot of people seem to think they need it when they really probably don't, and b) it's something that could end up causing more harm than good. Not saying rebooting is the devil or anything...

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well you're certainly entitled to your opinion, though I fail to see what long term ill effects could come from regular rebooting.

tappin and a talkin

brando56894

Reaction score
I usually reboot whenever I notice that the phone is getting sluggish.

If your leave your desktop computer on for a week while using it all of the time it will freeze up on you.

Thats only really true if your running a version of Windows. Unix-based machines are usually rock solid and can be up for months, if not years without ever being rebooted.

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
Well you're certainly entitled to your opinion, though I fail to see what long term ill effects could come from regular rebooting.

tappin and a talkin

I guess it's an old hardware debate. Which causes more stress to electronics: power cycling regularly, or just letting it run constantly? I guess that until a definitive study is published, it comes down to personal experience and opinion. I've had far more electronic systems (computers, game consoles, DVD players, etc.) fail on me over the years during a power cycle than during regular steady running, so I tend to fall on the "rebooting is bad" side of the fence. YMMV.

Reaction score
Stress to modern electronics? YMMV indeed, I'm the total opposite of the situation you just described and all my stuff lasts forever.

Except for the Xbox 360's RROD, there is no escaping that little guy.

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
I can tell when mine startes running a lil slow about 1s every 3-4 days and I will then but that's about it

Tapping To Talk

shizumie

Reaction score
Just wondering is there an easy effective way to have my phone automatically reboot every night at the same time while I'm asleep?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Just wondering is there an easy effective way to have my phone automatically reboot every night at the same time while I'm asleep?

Its not a BB.... there is no way it will turn back on.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

shizumie

Reaction score

lol, although not a BB, I am rooted, and reboot my phone every morning, by either clicking reboot from the power down menu or by typing reboot in terminal, thus making the phone power down, and power back on.
I just want to know if there is a way to do it on a schedule, while I'm asleep so I don't have to bother with it. Thanks

N4UPD

Reaction score
Heck most of the time my Original Droid reboots itself.:icon_ banana:

gsDroid

Reaction score
Am I the only one who turns off their phone every night and turns it back on the next morning? I have absolutely no need to have my phone on all night. My phone runs great and has superb battery life.

dafischman

Reaction score
You could try tasker. It can be setup to do pretty much anything.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

shizumie

Reaction score

lol, although not a BB, I am rooted, and reboot my phone every morning, by either clicking reboot from the power down menu or by typing reboot in terminal, thus making the phone power down, and power back on.
I just want to know if there is a way to do it on a schedule, while I'm asleep so I don't have to bother with it. Thanks

Just wanted to say I found a great app to handle this for me. refresh for android. RFRSH

RFRSH - Refresh for Android - Android app on AppBrain

in market type in RFRSH in and it will come up. Reboots my phone at whatever time I want any day or day's of the week. set it once and forget about it. Also you can launch up to 3 apps at reboot. (i have not tested this).
Working fine on my D2 Liberty 1.5

Natey2

Reaction score
I read somewhere before that rebooting your phone once a day or once every two days is good for it and it should be done. Is it true and do you guys do this?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Didn't Microsoft say something like that in the Windows 3.x days, until the OS became a lot more reliable?