Rebooting when plugged into Car Dock. Why?

Gregb777

Reaction score
This is my first post on here but im looking for an answer on something. Has anyone else experienced their Droid becoming unresponsive and then rebooting when pluged into the car dock? My droid is rooted and i use the newest sholes rom. I use the GPS all the time and i would hate to not be able to use my favorite accessory. Thanks.

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Happened to me 2 days ago. I was using my droid in the seidio car mount for the first time and it rebooted on me while I was talking to someone on the phone. Other than this one time it has never happened to me. Then again that was also the first time I had used my car mount. Lets compare what we were doing and maybe we can find out what caused it, other than the fact that we were both using a car dock.

arty2hottie

Reaction score
The Seidio chargers the phone at the same time and I was also on the speaker phone when it occurred.

P.S. welcome to the forum.

OP
Gregb777

Gregb777

Reaction score
dont forget im also rooted. i rooted with sholesmod updater. I tried it out again 3 times today and i didnt freeze up. So im thinking that one of the smupdates fixed it. Oh...and thanks for the welcome.

arty2hottie

Reaction score
let me know if it happens again. it hasn't happened to me again either so hopefully we just had a hiccup. How is the sholesmod?

OP
Gregb777

Gregb777

Reaction score
sholesmod is awesome and really simple if u dont hit the wrong button or select or deselect the wrong thing. And its always updated so its def cool. Especially for someone like me who is a closet tech geek with little time to do anything.