1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rebooting Restores Battery Power? Seems like it.

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by AlienGorilla, Jul 12, 2010.

1. AlienGorilla

AlienGorilla New Member

I don't know if this is common knowledge and i'm just out of the loop, but i have already done this twice and its the same result. My battery gets down below 40%, i turn the phone off for a couple of minutes, start it up and there's an extra 20%-30% of charge that actually lasts.

I took some pictures of JuicePlotter and it shows the charge before and after reboot and you can clearly tell the sudden spike. The green glow at the bottom of the graph indicates charging, and you can clearly see i wasn't.

Anyway, thought it was pretty interesting.

View attachment 11699 View attachment 11700
  2. liam.

liam. New Member

yea for some reason mine does the same thing. I wanted to put a post up but never did. Its a great thing when I'm stuck with something at work and can't get a charge

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  3. AlienGorilla

AlienGorilla New Member

It's f'n weird. Great, but weird. Anyone know the reason, or at least have a reasonable explanation?
  4. ty_

ty_ New Member

that's really strange. i wish i knew the answer
    side question. has anyone figured out why it discharges in 10s?
    i see in your graph it goes down every ten, can we fix that?
  5. AlienGorilla

AlienGorilla New Member

I'm assuming that's just the way it's programmed to read the battery charge. From what i understand it's not absolutely accurate, but to have it jump 20 or 30 percent after a reboot is odd.
  6. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

I've yet to find a battery monitor that is more than a wild guess. Rebooting obviously does not restore power to a battery. Thus, the only reasonable explanation is bad measurement. Here's a tip. When observations defy explanation, the first place to look is the quality of the observation. This applies to ghosts and battery monitors.
  7. AlienGorilla

AlienGorilla New Member

It's not just JuicePlotter though. The actual battery icon in the notification bar goes up and so do the readings in Spare Parts and Settings.
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  8. takeshi

takeshi New Member

An incorrect reading is an incorrect reading.
Search tags for this page

android reboot jump in battery charge