rebooting problem.

xionglydius

Reaction score
So I used rsd 4.6 to revert back to 2.0.1, then I started to make a nandroid back up but never finished, because i heard it was unnessecary since rom manager could back up and all that jazz for me. installed rom manager and tried installing different roms. but whenever i reboot i get stuck on the M screen. same with downloading, or installing from sd. So then I just hit yes to updating back to 2.1 and i had the same problem. can I rsd from 2.0.1, should i? what and i dunno any ideas?

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Lots of details missing in your post. After using rsd to revert back to 2.0.1, how did you reroot the phone? Which recovery image where you using to do a nandroid? Did you actually stop the backup midstream as your post implies?

etc.

OP
X

xionglydius

Reaction score
Lots of details missing in your post. After using rsd to revert back to 2.0.1, how did you reroot the phone? Which recovery image where you using to do a nandroid? Did you actually stop the backup midstream as your post implies?

etc.

Oh sorry, ok I used dm updater not sure what what recovery image. Ill followed drod reeviews video on youtube. Ill post links when I get home. And yea basically just quit after I entered the su stuff.

EDIT:
I did this step by step:
[video=youtube;WAi--u4y61Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAi--u4y61Y&playnext_from=TL&videos=aHc5K46Bkq0[/video]

then did this up to the part where you make a folder called nandroid (parts 1and 2):
http://www.youtube.com/user/DroidReview#p/u/10/Qi2cPTaPAtE

Last edited:

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Well, for now I suggest you go ahead and maybe read a bunch of threads and/or guides because I think you're getting it a bit out of whack. I have been trying to help someone else who has been relying upon video guides only and IMHO after watching them, they don't quite have all the meat a written guide does. Don't get me wrong, I think they all are a nice supplement, kind of like the frosting is to a cake.

Then, go ahead and on your phone:
menu -> settings -> about phone; everything from firmware version on down post exactly what it says.