1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rebooting page on droid

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Trex08, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Trex08

Trex08 New Member

So i went to the booting animation thing for newbs thread and followed every step but when i get to the last part of typing "...adb push etc..." in it says no such file or directory. I downloaded the zip file unziped it and put it in my c drive. I then opened that zip file and put the boot animation in the tools of the unzipped file. i then opend up the cmd on my computer and typed in everything it found my device but when i go to push it to my device it says the file does not exist and i have debugging on. Can someone help
  2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Moved to correct sub-forum.
  3. jrummy16

jrummy16 Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member Developer

I think the least complicated method for installing custom boot animations is to get root explorer from the market. Just download the boot animation you want and place it in your sdcard. Then go into root explorer and copy the boot animation and paste it into system/media. You should make a backup of the boot animation that is already in there incase you want to revert back. Make sure you have read/write permissions (to get this click the button at the top of the app that says remount with r/w or something like that) when you paste the file in system/media. Also, I think you need to rename your custom boot animation to bootanimation.zip. Hope this helps.
  4. nfcrockett

nfcrockett New Member

+1, definately the easiest way
  5. rockman15

rockman15 New Member

The way described above is almost too easy. It makes me wonder why anyone bothered to try to push and blah blah blah... THANKS!