1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rebooting on USB Mount

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by dberthia, Apr 9, 2011.

1. dberthia

dberthia New Member

Hello folks- I'm new to the whole rooting/ROM scene, so please be gentle. I successfully rooted my Motorola Droid and installed CM7 RC4 with the Chevy1 1GHz LV kernel. Everything went great and I was very happy with everything until I tried to connect to my computer and mount the SD card. Every single time I try to mount the SD card, it goes like this:

- Plug-in USB cable
    - Select "Turn on USB storage"
    - Select "OK"
    - Phone pauses for a few seconds like it's trying to connect, then the "Turn on USB storage" button appears again
    - After a few more seconds, the Droid does a soft reboot

My desktop is running Windows 7 64-bit, and I have the official Motorola USB drivers installed (from here).

I've also tried it after uninstalling the USB drivers. I've also done some searching and found that some people have had better luck turning on USB debugging on the phone, but that didn't work either. It doesn't seem to matter if I use the default CPU speeds or bump it up to 1GHz. I've recently moved most of my apps to the SD card, but don't know if that figures in here.

Can anybody help me out?
  2. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Well-Known Member

I actually had a similar problem. My D1 wouldn't mount either. I know you won't want to hear this, but I had to wipe data/cache because (like you) all the suggestions I found were to no avail.
Search tags for this page

android cyanogenmod usb

android help mount sd card phone restarts

android mount survive reboot

android usb mount reboots phone

cyanogenmod mount sd card usb

cyanogenmod usb restart phone

phone reboot after mounting usb storage

phone rebooting with usb turned on

phone reboots when mounting sd

phone restarts when i mount sd card

reboot phone usb storage cyanogenmod