Rebooting Every 30 secs, Incredible

ryanchild292

Reaction score
Hi to anyone that can help me. I am at a loss on what to do anymore.

Basics-

Rooted Droid Incredible, Clockwork Mod Recovery 2.5.0.5, Virtuous ROM w/ Custom Kernel (MD5:62ce32503d59a8c65defafc9af5f12a5), ROM Manager, Set CPU... the works.

The Problem-

Phone continues to reboot about every 30 seconds after working for about a day without issue.

I've Tried-

Clearing the entire phone- cache, SD, system, data, everything. I took off everything (at least I think) and reinstalled a fresh, basic Virtuous ROM. The basic didn't seem to be the cause of the issue, but I didn't wait the specific time period either.

I then tried to build on the phone, flashing and backing up with each layer that I added (layer two- custom kernel, layer three- Virtuous Custom Lock Screen, etc)

And now that I've started downloading apps again, it starts rebooting- but only after I have restarted the phone manually once and after about 24 hours. (No issues before manual restart or this time period, but I didn't really wait it out on each layer either)

Research-

In researching this issue, there seems to be a lot about a VZW network issue that was causing phones to do something similar. Could this be the cause, although I didn't have issue before rooting?

I'm inclined to think that the cause is a rouge app, something that just isn't playing nice. But, I am really (as in REALLY) new to this and didn't think an app would cause the entire phone to restart vs. just the home app. Can it? Has anyone heard of a specific app that can cause this? What about having too many apps?

Other than apps, has anyone heard of issues related to charging (since it seems to occur after I charge the phone)? Or battery? I'm really grasping at straws here.

Thanks in advance for any advice- and I hate to point it out but the more basic you make it, the better off I'll be. <--- n00b

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
First, get rid of any task killers or anti virus you may have. See if that doesn't solve the issue.

If that doesn't, and it might not then what you need to do is a Factory Data Reset. I can't tell you exactly how to do that on the Incredible, but that will fix your issue.

OP
R

ryanchild292

Reaction score
TY

Thanks for the starting points, Hook.

I deleted Prey off and it seems to be holding okay for now, so it looks like it was an app. But if the error starts up again tomorrow I'll delete ATK and then Factory Reset like you said.

Thanks again!