Reboot to power menu?

SPerry

Reaction score
Droid 3 deodexed 5.6.890 XT862

How can I add reboot to the power menu without flashing a ROM?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are a few apps that do that, but to add it to the power menu, you'd have to add it to the ROM, deodexed stock, yourself.

Sent from my Safestrapped, Rooted, ROM'd XT862

Reaction score
...And how would someone go about doing that? I have a Bionic I would love to do that to. Or pay someone to do that for me...

OP
S

SPerry

Reaction score
...And how would someone go about doing that? I have a Bionic I would love to do that to. Or pay someone to do that for me...

Me too. I did some research but never found anything like a guide I could follow.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You need to do some compiling.

Best thing to do is flash a rom imo.

Sent from my rooted, ROM'd, and Safestrapped XT862

Reaction score
Lets say someone wants to stay stock for now, and wants to add the reboot option in the power menu without flashing a ROM after a nand b/u, how would one go aboit it? I mean if a ROM can have it baked in, certainly we could bake it in our stock ROM... lol

"Patriotism is supporting your Country at all times. And your government only when it deserves it" --Mark Twain

Reaction score
It's not stock the moment you add the reboot option. It will fail OTA updates due to the change and I believe you have to deodex the rom to do it, so it will fail OTA anyway, might as well try a Rom since it's the easier answer then developing a Rom with a single additional feature. It's not just adding a line of code or something so simple. There's a process and development to it.

-Saik0

Reaction score
Good points. Thank you.

Can an average punk like me start doing ROM's without knowledge of coding, etc? My guess is it would be a bit over my head. Lmao!

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Good points. Thank you.

Can an average punk like me start doing ROM's without knowledge of coding, etc? My guess is it would be a bit over my head. Lmao!

Yes on the job training is how i got started

Sent from a fascinating ice cream shop