Reboot, Shutdown, Freezes, Displays "charging" when not charging.

palmerms

Reaction score
So I've had my bionic now since the day it was first released and as of yesterday I now have 4 different problems. The phone first started rebooting itself for no reason, I read through some articles and found out it might have something to do with the battery saver feature, so I switched to Performance mode to try it out. Second, the phone shuts off and stays off when there's still battery available to use. I've had to pop the battery out, along with SD card and SIM card to make it work again. Third, I hooked the phone up to the wall charger last night and had to take it off for a brief moment and when I did the phone displayed that the phone was still charging??? So I tried to just reboot the phone and that's when the fourth thing happened. Fourth, phone displayed it was shutting down and froze, pressing the power button or any other button didn't help either, so I had to pop the battery out again to make it work again. Anyone else experience anything like this? Any suggestions?

pastor_rob

Reaction score
I am having the same types of problems ... but NOT exactly ... phones reboots on it's own and then wont turn back on ... take the battery out for 30 mins and it comes back on ... only to freeze again and not come back on.

Frustrating to say the least ... calgon ... take me away!!! :angry:

Peace

Goddesslisa

Reaction score
I was having very common issues.. it would reboot, and freeze until I would do a battery pull. I have been trying to keep up on what Moto has figured out and is fixing these were not on the list. I have had the phone for 31 days. I love it thats why i didnt do anything. However just last night, I went into Verizon and chatted with one of the workers, explaining what the situation was. They right away helped me out sent me out a refurbished one, and I have 5 days before i have to return the other one. It was an over night shipping so I got it this morning so far, it hasnt done that at all.
The way I look at it with a new contract it was 300.00 it should be working correctly and reboots and freezing is not working correctly.
In other words. you may want to go into Verizon and see if they will do anything for you. Hope that helps.

pastor_rob

Reaction score
UPDATE: Yesterday evening I took it to Verizon ... because it would NOT turn on at all. They fought me because I had NO insurance ... but I called the manager and told him the Bionic has ONLY been out two months tops ... insurance or not ... it should be covered. And he agreed ... viola ...
Long story short ... I got a "like new" overnight-ed to me and today I have a like new BIONIC today. :icon_ lala:

If you are having these kinds of issues ... I would go down to Verizon and see what they can do before it gets to be too late.

Peace

theonuts

Reaction score
i have had all of those issues since 10/16 too! no problems before then. i didnt change anything on my phone on sunday, so not sure why it would be acting differently.