1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

reboot recovery help

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by stabl4life82, Oct 11, 2010.

1. stabl4life82

stabl4life82 New Member

how can i install a zip in reboot recovery using clockwork when i need to clear cache and data also?
  2. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member Premium Member Developer

ClockworkMod Recovery has options to clear cache/data/system/etc....as well as doing just a factory reset (wiping it all out, even .android_secure on you SD Card). Do that then select the install .zip option.
  3. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator

clearing cache and data wont touch ur sdcard which is where the update file will be
  4. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Moved to the hacking section
  5. stabl4life82

stabl4life82 New Member

Ok if figured it out...but I have another problem now as well and its getting on my nerves...no matter what I seem to do, I can't get into recovery...my phone is working flawless other than for this...I turned the phone off and did the power and x and it just stays at the logo until I take battery out and turn power on without holding the x and it will power up fine...I have tried rebooting into recovery though clockwork and that didn't work. It just reboots the phone and the same for the options my rom gives me as well...what can I do?
  6. mwhartman

First, are you pressing the X key until the phone boots?
    Second, open RM and scroll to the bottom and tap Flash alternate recovery. This will flash SPR. Shut down and try to boot into SPRecovery. If that works, keep in mind that backups made with CW will NOT work with SPR nor will a backup made with SPR work with CW.

Let us know how you resolve
    Mike
  7. stabl4life82

stabl4life82 New Member

yes i have held it down until it is supposed to reboot into recovery..it should happen within like 10 sec or less...and i have held it down a few times for way longer just to see...and i am using clockwork..i havent used sprecovery at all...if i flash to this one and shut phone down and go into that recovery, how do i get to my actual settings of my phone if i dont have any backups? dont i just reboot system and that will take me back to home screen?
  8. tcrews

Easy fix.

Boot the phone, open Rom Manager, scroll down and select Flash Alternate Recovery and once that is done, scroll back to the top and click Flash ClockworkMod Recovery.

For some reason, occasionally the recovery is only partially there. Flashing the alternate recovery overwrites it so that you can "reflash" clockworkmod recovery correctly.
  9. stabl4life82

stabl4life82 New Member

and what happens if it does let me reboot into recovery using sprecovery? then what would i do?
  10. stabl4life82

stabl4life82 New Member

tcrews i have done that also and it still didnt work for some reason...i already knew that trick from before and it didnt work this time also...it will just reboot, sit at the logo for like 45 sec or so then shut off for like 1 sec and reboot back into reg mode to home screen
  11. stabl4life82

stabl4life82 New Member

well i finally gott it for some reason im guessing it likes to hang up in the system
  12. tcrews

Another easy fix.....(this should do it).

Open Rom Manager and click the menu button then select "Clear Download Cache".

It seems like you got an incomplete download of ClockworkMod Recovery and this will clear it out. When you click Flash ClockworkMod Recovery it will re-download it and flash it. After it says completed (or successful or whatever) click it again and from the point of you tapping (CDMA) it should only be 2-3 seconds before reporting success again....if it's over 5-7 seconds it didn't take.

I'd start with clearing the download cache, flashing the alternate recovery and then flashing clockworkmod recovery....

that should do it.
  13. stabl4life82

stabl4life82 New Member

im still gonna do what u suggested anyway though..thanks
  14. mwhartman

Switching to SPR is easy. See the comments above. Once you flash SPR boot into recovery and make an advance nandroid backup. The step that seems to trip folks up when you select make a backup you need to open your slider and enter the name Then press the "return" key! that will enter the name close the slider and press the camera button
  15. stabl4life82

stabl4life82 New Member

see that is the problem....when i first got my phone i bricked it pretty bad and had to wipe everything completely and had to rsd flash sprecovery to it and then the stock rom to make it like brand new cause nothing else would work...i have tried doing spr nanroid backups and it never works..it was always saying error 31..its like i dont have the file to store the backups in from what i read in the error codes or something to that extent...
  16. mwhartman

OK. Error 31 has to do with your SD card. If you are willing copy everything on the card to your computer then reformat the card. You can move all or just a portion back to the card.
  17. stabl4life82

stabl4life82 New Member

i done that before and it didnt work..i even went and got a new sd card as well....i also dont see a nandroid folder in my sd card which i think someone told me im supposed to have one for sprecovery to work or something like that
Search tags for this page

what happpens if reboot recovery