reboot recovery and unable to mount sd card

stabl4life82

Reaction score
i tried to download a theme for my new rom and it went into boot loop..when i try to reboot into recovery and go to my restore button it says cannot mount sd card and then i have to take the battery out again and again till i get it to read it and it to work...i have tried to take the sd card out, blow on it and the inside of the phone where it goes....i have formatted and reformatted it before as well cause i use to have a similar and the same issue happening...i might have to battery pull like 4 times or it could be 20 times before it will actually work...starting to get annoying..any options or choices i can look into? btw i have eliminated that it is a bad sd card cause i went and got another one and it did the same thing....

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
bump.....i see a lot of views but i guess noone is familiar with this? its happening again when i am trying to restore my older rom and it is annoying

jdcbolt03

Reaction score
Im having the same problem.... I have tried atleast 30 times today. Any ideas

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
well i guess no one has an answer? lol it is getting annoying to have to try like 15 to 30 times just to stay in recovery and have the sd card mount..i play with my phone a lot installing diff roms and themes to have in case i get tired of one and i cant really do it anymore...i have gotten another sd card from verizon and transferred my files over and it still does it...i dont know if it could be possible of a corrupt file on my card but i dont see y that would be or even if that could happen....i have formatted and everything...please help

Spewboy

Reaction score
SD mount problem with SP Recovery

I have the same problem. It began with the last Droid 1 refurb I was sent to replace a lost D1. I found that if the wifi and or gps and or possibly set CPU overclock (above 600) are left active before rebooting to recovery it hangs the SD. However it usually works if those are off before reboot to r.

Also if you perform the power/up to bootstrap, power down, then x/power to SP Recovery a time or two, it works. I usually quick check it by maneuvering to the "choose recovery" menu to see if my nandroid list appears, if it does I know it will work.

I hope this helps. I found 4 bad data with blocks with adb, maybe that has something to do with it. I'm getting a new D1 made for me in a week or so anyway. I hope the problem goes away.

Good luck.

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
didnt work...tried it i never have gps on and i turned off wifi this time and didnt work..im gonna try the setcou and turn it off...i have another phone on the way also..will be here tuesday

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
this sucks..i guess ill wait for my new phone to come in and hopefully that solves the problem and i can still overclock with the new one to 1200

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
now i have had a 2 gig memory card for a while now from my old phone and this one will mount perfectly every time..so what do u guys think it might be? the card is too big or something? i dont see y but idk.....i know i cant use a 2 gig cause of everything i have on my card..i can prob get away with a 8 gig