Reboot or freeze up issues

PhoenixPunk

Reaction score
I've been having the same issue that other members have discussed with my phone freezing and becoming non-responsive. Sometimes it requires a battery pull, others it will come back after 10-20 seconds. I applied the patch on the 3rd. It seems that most of the lockups have disappeared, however it will still freeze or hang the majority of the time if I lock and unlock quickly. I figure it may have something to do with the 5 second rule on Android phones. I am also running Widget Locker so I wasn't sure if this could be confounding the problem. But all that aside, I am happy to report that the problem is less noticeable now, having patched. Hope the feedback helps.

jacobydarkon

Reaction score
I also use Widget Locker. I applied the update. I don't get restarts, but I do get the freezes. Not often. It doesn't require a battery pull, but a full power down then battery pull. I'm not overclocking, but I am underclocking when the screen is off or the battery is low. I only bring it down to 800 mhz.

One more note: I'm wondering if it has something to do with memory. I use a lot of widgets and I have 2 apps in the notifications bar, Widget Locker, Quick Settings and Droid Overclock is working in the background. I'm curious what your thoughts are. I'm no developer, but I'm hoping this points you in the right direction.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

shawn13165

Reaction score
Installed the test fix the day it was released. Prior to installing the test I was getting freezes and reboots at least twice a day. Since adding the test I've had only 1 freeze up and that was on an incoming call, but I had just locked screen a second before call came in. So for me the test fix is a success! Thanks kejar and jrummy for a great ROM

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

jacobydarkon

Reaction score
mcp770 and Ranger4Life, I'm not sure who you are speaking to when you make those statements, but I speak for myself when I say I am no average user, I can assure you of that much. There really isn't too much to the instructions except the wiping part. I wiped not once, but 3 times just for good measure.

Now I'm not trying to start a war here, but when you make comments that aren't helpful, and seem almost derogatory towards those whom are having trouble, it really is unnecessary. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

sohaunted

Reaction score
mcp770 and Ranger4Life, I'm not sure who you are speaking to when you make those statements, but I speak for myself when I say I am no average user, I can assure you of that much. There really isn't too much to the instructions except the wiping part. I wiped not once, but 3 times just for good measure.

Now I'm not trying to start a war here, but when you make comments that aren't helpful, and seem almost derogatory towards those whom are having trouble, it really is unnecessary. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I was about to make the same reply lol. Agreed.

jacobydarkon

Reaction score
sohaunted, I really don't like that stuff. Maybe they weren't trying to be disrespectful, but it came across as such. I get enough of that at work. Lol.

araldo

Reaction score
I was careful to follow the directions given by the Developers, & guess what? I have never had one of these problems that folks are having on here. I took the time to do it right the 1st time, & am glad I did. I figure the guys who made this outstanding ROM know a little more than most, & they took the time to write the install & usage instructions for a reason. So a big Thanks to the Developers, Themers, & all those who "play by the rules"... Everyone else who want to do it your way : I wish you the best, Good Luck. :greendroid:

Ignorant comment. I installed exactly as it said to in the instructions. Im having reboot issues currently and freezes. Don't make accusations.

Brotherjay72

Reaction score
Still have reboots and screen blackouts that result in battery pulls. Even after the update zip. Let me say that Liberty 1.5 is an awesome ROM and I've enjoyed it tremendously and have become a supporting member. Sadly though I need my DX to run smoothly (Too many Apple Heads at work) so I'm going to give TranQ 3.7 a shot. Again thanks to Kejar31 and Jrummy16 for a great experience and I most definitely look froward to future projects!! But as of now I'm switching.

rolandct

Reaction score
I was careful to follow the directions given by the Developers, & guess what? I have never had one of these problems that folks are having on here. I took the time to do it right the 1st time, & am glad I did. I figure the guys who made this outstanding ROM know a little more than most, & they took the time to write the install & usage instructions for a reason. So a big Thanks to the Developers, Themers, & all those who "play by the rules"... Everyone else who want to do it your way : I wish you the best, Good Luck. :greendroid:
Someone that eager to do as he is told and brag about it must be an iPhone user. Right?

nyr2k2

Reaction score
The primary issue I have is FCs with the stock browser. I've been using xScope simply because I don't have those FC problems. It's typically when I load up the bookmarks menu and choose a bookmark...booted right back to the home screen.

I have also had a few reboots. Random occurrences. Twice I've had the phone lock up all together, requiring a battery pull. Has probably gotten worse in the week since installing the package in the OP.

I came from rubiX. The stability of rubiX is the only thing I prefer. Otherwise, Liberty is a nearly flawless experience.

EDIT: Just looked through the thread. I'm having soft boots. I'll make sure to run the terminal script and post the logs from now on.

Last edited:

rolandct

Reaction score
My problem is like others the freeze while asleep, happenig very often when I turni t off and back on again. Often I can see the lock screen screen faintly as the back light doesn't come on. On rare occasion I am able to unlock it in this condition and it comes back to life, but usually a battery pull is required as my patience only allows me to wait 10 to 15 seconds for it to come back on.

ncdub

Reaction score
The problem I am having, and it happens every time, is right after any boot up my phone will soft reboot. That's it. No other time during the day. It is however annoying as hell. This fix didn't seem to help at all.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jacobydarkon

Reaction score

PhishPhan

Reaction score
I reverted to prior to the throttle hack and my reboots/black screen stoped.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App