Reboot or freeze up issues

speaker2thedead

Reaction score
After clean install everything running like a top. Ten minutes after installing throttle hack I get reboots. Nandroid back to clean install and all is fine again. I cannot afford throttling down to minimum speeds. I guess ill have to see if the zip file was bad.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Growler48

Reaction score
In this thread I having included an update file, this file re-adds some of the blur framework files I removed in 1.5.... I am testing to see if removing a few of these files has caused some of our issues people are seeing.

If you are experiencing any of these issues please install this update and report back if it has or has not resolved your issues.

Note1: this file can be installed with any theme and will not effect them.
Note2: The first boot after installing this update will take time so give it a min or two.

Please keep this thread clean and to the on the subject!!!

Is this the final version of this fix or is there an update coming?

validoption

Reaction score
Probably going to jinx myself with this, but...in Lib Settings, I ticked the box to enable sysctl and left all the values at their defaults. I have not had one freeze up coming out of standby in 48 hours...and I had tried just about everything I could think of and suggestions in this thread...

Weird.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

speaker2thedead

Reaction score
I have had better luck with the no clock no throttle than just no throttle mod. Not sure why, but I get half the problems with that installed. I am trying like validoption said to change the sysctl and menfree settings and tweak things up a bit.

validoption

Reaction score
Just to expand on what I did.
SBF to .340
Root
Wipe
Flash liberty
Flash reboot update from this thread.
No overclock, no undervolt, no new apps. Still froze on wake up.
Flashed crystalX theme
Checked enable sysctl but did NOT change default settings for the values.

Still no freezes (knock on wood)... I think I just got lucky though.

I have had better luck with the no clock no throttle than just no throttle mod. Not sure why, but I get half the problems with that installed. I am trying like validoption said to change the sysctl and menfree settings and tweak things up a bit.

validoption

Reaction score
Yeah, jinxed it.

Rebooted in my pocket last night and then did the barely visible freezing out of sleep into a reboot this morning.

Only change I made was updating the Weather Channel app. Doubt that's the culprit, but I uninstalled it anyway... sh*t.

armedpropaganda

Reaction score
I was running Liberty 1.5 w/o this patch for about a week. Maybe longer. It was working fine for the most part, but I was having reboots. Within a few minutes of loading this patch, I started getting market FCs again.

I'll stick w/ regular patchless 1.5 and just live with the reboots. Doesn't take nearly as long as a BB reboot and if I keep the boot animations off it's even less painful.

mcp770

Reaction score
Nearly a week using this and no issues. I would say it's worth adding this stuff back into future roms. Imo, it looks like the issues are app/hardware problems for some people. Liberty wouldn't work at all in my previous x but does great on this one. But, on my first x I could oc to 1.5 and this one won't go over 1.15 so every phone is a little different and finicky.

Litlspiffy

Reaction score
I still think its the launcher causing this. The newest adw ex and go launcher ex have this issue. bad bad

blakjakdavy

Reaction score
Reboot on connecting for USB mass storage

Hi! First I'd like to thank JRummy and Kejar for their fantastic work on this ROM.

I installed the patch and everything was great for a few days until I went to connect my X for USB Mass Storage, and the phone hot rebooted itself, going straight to the Liberty boot logo.

Crashes seem to have decreased overall after I installed the patch.

I did have lock ups coming out of sleep on Liberty 1.0 but with less frequency than on 1.5, the patch seems to have taken the frequency of reboots/freezes back to 1.0 levels.

sohaunted

Reaction score
I was suffering from daily random reboots and the phone not waking up from sleep and not responding for a couple of minutes before rebooting so I decided to give the fix a shot and had positive results. Here's how I went about it:

1. Cleared data and cache.
2. Flashed Liberty then the reboot fix zip, rebooted
3-1. Skipped sign in and made sure restore market apps in privacy was unchecked.
3-2. Signed into market & installed bootstrap and TB, rebooted into clockwork
4. Mounted sysyem then flashed a custom honeycomb theme, keyboard theme, no throttle/no clack zips and rebooted.
5. Went into Liberty settings and checked on clear cache at boot & crtlsys but left settings untouched.
6. Installed all Google related apps.

Since Sunday I have been installing a few of my usual apps a day and looking out for any bugs but everything has been running smooth with no more revolts or freeze ups.

Something worth mentioning is that prior to reflashing liberty and using the fix I had been using ADW EX and widgetsod but decided to go with Launcherpro Plus with honeycomb theme and Power Control Plus for this experiment.

mcp770

Reaction score
I petty much did the same process with no freezes or reboots for the week since install.

Reaction score
I don't think it's a launcher issue. I have ran ADW, ADW EX, Go Launcher, Zeam and I was using Launcher pro for the last one. I didn't really have too many random reboots but I would get the "out of sleep" freezes at least three times a day. I noticed that when you turn your screen off and turn it on right after, it freezes. I could barely see lock screen and had to pull my battery. It sucks but I had to switch roms because I could take it anymore. Went to ApeX 1.4.1 and ehhh... It's alright but nothing like Liberty. Hope the issue gets solved soon.

irish22022

Reaction score
I don't think it's a launcher issue. I have ran ADW, ADW EX, Go Launcher, Zeam and I was using Launcher pro for the last one. I didn't really have too many random reboots but I would get the "out of sleep" freezes at least three times a day. I noticed that when you turn your screen off and turn it on right after, it freezes. I could barely see lock screen and had to pull my battery. It sucks but I had to switch roms because I could take it anymore. Went to ApeX 1.4.1 and ehhh... It's alright but nothing like Liberty. Hope the issue gets solved soon.

that's so funny. the exact same thing happened to me. i was getting lockscreen freezes like you described a couple times a day, and maybe once a day or once every couple days I'd get a reboot when I'd start doing a couple things at once and then get a text or something (just something that forces the phone to work a little harder when I'm already starting a few things).

Anyways, I was just too frustrated. Went to Apex 1.4.1, did it for 2 hours, and now I'm back to liberty. I really really hope this can get figured out. For me right now, it's liberty or stock with root.

HHRLLC

Reaction score
i installed test zip and my wallpapers have a dithering problem now. I don't know for certain if that what it from or if the test zip would even have anything to do with that. i sbf reinstalled and same problem. i know theres an app in the market that will fix the wallpaper but it was fine before.