Reboot or freeze up issues

Discussion in 'Liberty ROM DX' started by kejar31, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Brotherjay72

Brotherjay72 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sadly enough after flashing the Liberty Test zip, reboots are back. Screen goes black, then reboots like 2-5 min later. Haven't found a solution. I really enjoyed this ROM but unfortunately may have to try another ROM. DANG! Liberty 1.5 Linear Thought it may be my overclock but even after going back to stock settings still reboots. May try TranQ or Darkslide heard Darkslide was awesome.

Sent from an OG with an OC DX Liberty 1.5 all day!

2. validoption

validoption Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Still get reboots and freezes on a freshly flashed, freshly sbf'd liberty with no overclocking or undervolting. The only consistency I have seen is it happens around 40% battery life, which isn't anything to really base a conclusion upon.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

3. freezyfreaky

freezyfreaky Member

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL the theme is optional. Good luck! Hopefully, you'll be able to figure this out!

4. freezyfreaky

freezyfreaky Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does your phone run fine using stock MotoBlur?

5. MoeDaddy

MoeDaddy Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Since using this I've had 3 reboots during phone calls. I've never had that happen before but overall it does reboot less often now than before but rebooting during a phone call is not a good trade off...

6. msu

msu Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well it has been two days since I installed and I'm still getting reboots and random force closes. My X rang last night and just rebooted?? When to see the weather in Beautiful Widgets and force close.
    I might just got back to 1.0 if it keeps up.

7. PhishPhan

PhishPhan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Freeze/Reboot

Okay I was having these issues, and here is what I did to stop them from happening to me:

1) wiped data/factory reset
    2) Reinstalled Liberty 1.5
    3) added apps back 1 @ a time
    a) Did not add back Wigisoid or JRummy's Droid overclock.

Get this, not a single freeze or random reboot. I have a hunch that for some of us it is simply the CPU not being able to handle a change in voltage.
    I have not had a chance to Backup and add those two apps back yet, I will if further testing is needed though. In fact I'm game to trying whatever.

(Now for the WiFi issues .......)

8. gb714us

gb714us New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    the thing is this that when it reboots due to bad voltage, then it freezes up, and completely reboots

the issue with liberty is that it locks up and then reboots, it doesnt even go to the M boot logo, it goes straight to the boot animation

9. jdhas

jdhas Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been getting 5+ "freeze-then-quick-reboots" per day on my phone. I've done a full wipe/SBF and I'm running only the bare minimum of apps at the moment. As mentioned above, the DX seems to have issues with reboots on most custom ROMs (due to the locked bootloader?), but I've never experienced anything like what I've seen on Liberty 1.5 (which is otherwise a terrific piece of work).

To be perfectly honest, I'm tempted to SBF back to stock, and just use Root access to remove bloat and apply many of the tweaks and tricks I've picked up from custom ROMs. A constantly unstable and rebooting phone is awfully close to useless, and it definitely HUGELY frustrating.

10. bobo16254

bobo16254 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I flashed this 24 hours ago and have had no reboots or freezes. I have done the same things I did for weeks before. Texts, web, phone, Rhapsody... Before flashing this .zip I couldn't make it 5 or 6 hours without soft reboots or battery pulls.

11. validoption

validoption Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed. And what makes it even more frustrating, is that there is no consistency. The "fixes" that people suggest here and state work for them, do not work for me or for others, which means the problem is not caused by one, single underlying factor.

Love Liberty, but I need my phone to actually work when I take it out of my pocket.

12. brandon2x

brandon2x New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I did this exactly how you did it, but i installed the theme at the same time as the Rom itself and everything seems to be running awesome. Not using Droid overclock app or SetCPU... Hopefully it continues this way. I love Liberty but I tried a few others in the last couple days and just don't like them like Liberty. Maybe I'll be able to hold on to it now!

Search tags for this page
go launcher freeze after full charge
what do you do if words with friends freezes

what to do when words with friends freezes

why does word with friends freeze
why does words with friends freeze
why does words with friends keep freezing

words with friends freezes

words with friends freezes up
words with friends freezing up
words with friends frozen android