Reboot or freeze up issues

imoseyon

Reaction score
If you're getting soft reboots (without moto logo), do the following immediately after the reboot:

1. Open terminal emulator
2. Type:

logcat -t 2000 | grep -i watchdog

3. Copy and paste the output here?

sent from my dx running rubix or liberty

mcp770

Reaction score
Mine are quick reboots. every time I get off a phone call... I wanted to know, after mine got stuck in boot, i flashed to 2.3.320. Should I have found a .340 file instead?

yea, you should update to 340. TBH has a zip that can be installed like a rom that can be downloaded via their app or Update zip for 2.3.340 - xda-developers

Both will update you to clean unrooted 340. So you will need to have z4root and clockwork recovery app also.

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
ok. back to reboots now... just hung up from a phone call, straight into a reboot... this sucks............ what now?

Reboots after a phone call are caused by using another Rom services.jar.... did you use a theme or a mod?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

brandon2x

Reaction score
I installed the thunderbolt theme. and the clock removal mod. i tried to do restore a backup of before i did those 2, it goes through successfully and still gets into a bootloop. i wiped data and cache and redid it and still stuck. sbf time??? I can get into clockwork recovery which when i've been stuck in bootloop before, i've never been able to do... any ideas before i sbf and if not, does someone have a link to the sbf file to use in rsd lite? all i have is .320... thanks.

brandon2x

Reaction score
nevermind on the link. found it on droidlife.com... starting from scratch now. kejar, do you recommend i not use the thunderbolt theme and/or clock removal mod?

mcp770

Reaction score
I installed a theme and removed the clock first just in case either overwrites anything then this patch without issue. Now well over 24 hours without a lockup or reboot. Also I'm 8 hours since killing battery, fully charging and resetting battery stats and I'm at 90% using extended battery.

Last edited:

jacobydarkon

Reaction score
Reboots

I only got reboots when the battery was very low. (20%-30%) I was using Setcpu to underclock to 800 mHz at 60% battery, then 600 mHz at 40%. I changed it to 800 mHz at 50% to see if there was any difference. So far so good. Just in case, I installed the update. Also, so far so good.

On a separate note, should I be using Setcpu or something else. I did see the Droid overclock app on the market. I'm curious as to everyones thoughts.

brandon2x

Reaction score
Ok I made it 14 hours and it just rebooted again. I'm done with liberty til this fixed.... I've done everything perfectly to a T and it just keeps doing it. Flashing to stock and rerooting and overclocking. Then ill take the apps I don't want off and be happy til I find a good rom again...

supermandroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X 2nd Gen
try fission, it's great :). people on XDA are getting 80 hours+ before any reboot happens

I like Fission, but honestly it really has nothing on Liberty in terms of speed and customization options. Great work Team Liberty! :i-m_so_happy:

xraytedjim

Reaction score
Flashed this the other day and still get quite a few random "screen wont come back on's". It's very annoying as I have to take the battery out to reboot it. I only get random reboots when I plug in the USB cable to charge sometimes. I also had changed the free memory to 50MB but that really hasn't helped the stability. I'm running the radioactive 1.5 theme.

I also don't get facebook or words with friends notifications. I really love this rom, but I had a lot less troubles with 1.0 than I do with 1.5.

jacobydarkon

Reaction score
Well, my phones down to 30%. I've seen no reboots or lockups. I'll keep my eye on this for a couple of days and see what happens.

Again, I could use someone opinion on what overclock app to use for the X.

luke1333

Reaction score
Flashed this the other day and still get quite a few random "screen wont come back on's". It's very annoying as I have to take the battery out to reboot it. I only get random reboots when I plug in the USB cable to charge sometimes. I also had changed the free memory to 50MB but that really hasn't helped the stability. I'm running the radioactive 1.5 theme.

I also don't get facebook or words with friends notifications. I really love this rom, but I had a lot less troubles with 1.0 than I do with 1.5.

Same thing here man. My light for a text comes on and I pick my phone up to text back and my screen is stuck black won't unlock or anything basically unusable and have to do battery pull! Its annoying to death and happens several times a day! Anybody got a fix???