Reboot or freeze up issues

Discussion in 'Liberty ROM D2' started by kejar31, Feb 18, 2011.

1. kejar31

kejar31 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

In this thread I having included an update file, this file re-adds some of the blur framework files I removed in 1.5.... I am testing to see if removing a few of these files has caused some of our issues people are seeing.

If you are experiencing any of these issues please install this update and report back if it has or has not resolved your issues.

Note1: this file can be installed with any theme and will not effect them.
    Note2: The first boot after installing this update will take time so give it a min or two.

Please keep this thread clean and to the on the subject!!!
  2. jschoef

jschoef New Member

This may or may not help. I reported some issues with my ringtones and battery not charging. Well I orignally did a titanium restore (from squidly rom) which restored some blur. I did a full wipe, installed fresh, and did not do the batch restore...so far so good.

Maybe others have done something similar???

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  3. havens1515

havens1515 Member

I saw in another forum somewhere that someone was having troubles with Liberty 1.5 freezing/rebooting. Another user suggested increasing free memory in the Liberty Toolbox to at least 50MB. I did this and have had no problems since. It's only been changed for a day or 2, but have not had any random reboots or lockups since I changed it, and I have used the phone a lot in that time.
  4. Cwagmire

Cwagmire New Member

Sorry for the dumb question, but do I install this as I would a theme?
  5. jschoef

jschoef New Member

Yes, but you should mount the system first.

6. bladearrowney

bladearrowney New Member

So far, no reboots while using the patch with the phone. However, I'm still getting reboots when connecting over USB
  7. jediman

jediman New Member

Honestly, I truly believe this to be a memory issue.
    Since setting the free memory to at least 80mb, I have not had any issues and have been running for 3+ days now. Granted I'ts been a week since installing, but I did some manual reboots, etc to test an extended battery and got a reboot on USB connection but hell even the stock rom would do that from time to time.

I think the devs need to look @ the thread in the shutdown thread and do some testing that way.
  8. edwards2243

edwards2243 New Member

I tried this, but my free memory still went below the 80mb. I set it in the Liberty Toolbox, then in Settings>Liberty Settings>Free Memory. Both still allowed the memory to go below the preset. Any ideas?

I'm assuming when a fix has been found, Kejar will post an update?
  9. jediman

jediman New Member

Use sysctl and check out the thread a bit below this one in the forums with the script and settings to use. I applied these and have been stable ever since (sans that random reboot when using USB mass storage..which plauges the stock rom too).
  10. chaaaad

chaaaad New Member

I've used the test zip and increased free memory, and neither have helped with the random reboots.
  11. thewinternet

thewinternet New Member

Test

I've installed the zip as well. Will report results after testing for a bit.
  12. The Walker

The Walker New Member

I've got some rebooting issues but that's not bad. I can't however post videos from YouTube on Facebook. I do that alot and dont know if its the rom or face book. Any ideas???
  13. Presi

Presi New Member

To the people having reboot/freeze issues.

Are you using Titanium Backup? What services have you frozen/removed.
    What about a task killer?
  14. Cwagmire

Cwagmire New Member

I'm using Titanium Backup. I haven't myself gone in and frozen/removed any services. I don't use a task killer.

I have set my free memory to 75 MB and since then I haven't had a reboot (that I can remember; I'm so young yet forgetful sometimes. :()
  15. trook

trook New Member

I haven't had a lockup or a usb reboot since I flashed this file, about 4 days now.

16. thewinternet

thewinternet New Member

Reboots

I tried the zip, seems to be behaving the same way. I do not use titanium backup, but have MyBackupPro installed (which I don't believe does constant backups). I do not use any task killers either. I've noticed the problem is particularly bad when the phone is either

A) Plugged In to Power - Which I had read was a D2 problem but had not experienced prior

and

B) When listening to audio via DoggCather (not streaming) MSpot (streaming) and 2player (streaming over wifi)

The only things that might make my configuration slightly different are the use of Nolock and use of Widget Locker instead of the normal Lockscreen.

I normally get 1-2 reboots a day. I can try to set my phone to free up more memory.
  17. thewinternet

thewinternet New Member

One other note - I do use Lookout which I believe has a backup option.
  18. refuseandresist

refuseandresist New Member

I just installed the Liberty Rom and my phone rebooted and is still sitting at the liberty screen with the logo. How long does it actually take for it to load? or should i do a battery pull? thanks.
  19. havens1515

havens1515 Member

It takes a few minutes. I got worried when I originally flashed it too, and almost pulled my battery. Just wait a five minutes or so, and it should be fine.
  20. duck on quack

duck on quack New Member

In terms of "freeze up" issues, does this refer to lockups where the phone is completely unresponsive for a minute and a battery pull is required, or would this also apply to slowdown/lockups that last only temporarily (a few seconds)? I posted this in more detail in the main topic, but my phone will periodically freeze up and refuse to respond, but it will generally wake up within 5 seconds. I might be trying to transition through the homescreens and it will be delayed significantly, or an action like texting can cause unresponsiveness for several seconds afterward.

I don't have any reboots whatsoever, anyway; the random reboots that plagued Fission ended up being an issue with the Blur Music app. Perhaps those with reboots installed this through the Toolbox?

So... should I go ahead and try this update?
Search tags for this page

droid r2d2 freeze remove battery

droid x mb180 boot freeze

r2d2 droid freezes upon startup