Reboot into recovery fails.

draexo

Reaction score
I have liberty tools and also the rom manager that have options to reboot into recovery.... But the phone simply reboots

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

jonathon1289

Reaction score
Do you have Droid X/2 bootstrapper installed? You need this first. If it is installed, open the app and select Bootstrap Recovery, then you should be able to reboot.

OP
draexo

draexo

Reaction score
Do you have Droid X/2 bootstrapper installed? You need this first. If it is installed, open the app and select Bootstrap Recovery, then you should be able to reboot.

Yes. Bootstrapper works. I guess I can manually go into it. Any idea why Rom manager and Liberty
tools dont boot into it?

jonathon1289

Reaction score
I have never had success when using ROM Manager, it usually just reboots like is happening to you. One thing that has worked, temporarily anyways, is to go into Superuser and remove ROM Manager from there, and then allow root access again.

FernBch

Reaction score
I have liberty tools and also the rom manager that have options to reboot into recovery.... But the phone simply reboots

When I was looking into modding my DX I asked around about rom manager and had several people tell me that was an issue. I went wih DX/D2 bootstrap (it depends on which rom you're using) and have zero issues.

OP
draexo

draexo

Reaction score
Well, I have tried two installs of .8 Liberty. One I had to do manually, the second I was actually able to get the Liberty Toolbox to boot into the Recovery.

It is not a horribly big deal, I was just curious.