Reboot fix September?

dzone67

Reaction score
So I just talked to a verizon representative and she said HTC might have a fix for thunderbolts rooting issue as early as September! Is this true?

Loud roared the dreadful Thunder!!!!!

jka

Reaction score
Wtf I spoke with Verizon rep yesterday and she told me end of this month. She stated it was a known issue acting as if I was the first person who called to ask.

Dragon Private Investigations

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
As EARLY as September? It should be no LATER than September after all phases of then update are complete. HTCs ability to send OTA updates is usually pretty good, but to have such a bothersome issue that affects so many people it seems a little ridiculous that it has taken this long to send out an OTA to fix the reboot issue. With all of the MR2 leaks coming out, I would lean toward seeing an OTA fix much sooner than September. On another note, rarely have I found VZW employees to be consistent, so your best bet is to simply disregard what they say, unless it is a source proven to be reliable.

ziggy484

Reaction score
Everything ive been reading on here says 6/16

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Never believe what a Verizon Rep tells you about an update. They know absolutely nothing. We will usually find out before they do.

The June 15 date is what I hear too, but that doesn't mean you'll get it on the 15th. We have the update available, you can download and install it yourself if you don't want to wait.

OP
dzone67

dzone67

Reaction score
I see.... Thanks for all the feedback guys. Much appreciated.

Loud roared the dreadful Thunder!!!!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI on OTA updates, they are totally random. It doesn't go out to a perticuler area, how long you've bee a customer, if your dog is spade or neutered, it just goes out.

Now one thing we do know is that they always start it slowly. The first couple of days only 500 or so will get it. Usually they take one day off and then the mass updates start.

That's the pattern we've observed but it could be different. I think they did the X upgrade to Froyo that way but I'm not sure the upgrade to Gingerbread is going that way. Since I've got the D2 I haven't paid that much attention to this one.

jka

Reaction score
I am going to call Verizon tomorrow and give the sh/t in ref to the June update. I was told 1 thing and I am going to hold.them to it see what stupid excuse they give me.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am going to call Verizon tomorrow and give the sh/t in ref to the June update. I was told 1 thing and I am going to hold.them to it see what stupid excuse they give me.

Why not just flash it in your own a eff VZW. Better yet just root and take control of the device u paid for. Then u will get better roms weeks ahead of VZW quality department.

ridin the lightning

jka

Reaction score
How do I root phone this is my company phone if I brake it I pay for it

ziggy484

Reaction score
How do I root phone this is my company phone if I brake it I pay for it

That is a pickle..., i wouldnt chance it, this phone is pretty sweet just stock

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

yniloc

Reaction score
I thought the radio update's coming this month and GB might be delayed till Aug or Sept?

Sent from my NookColor using DroidForums

johnd09

Reaction score
I feel like your right, I'm looking for the radio update around Wednesday. Then gingerbread later in the summer.

Sent from my Thunderbolt!!