Reboot every 2-3 minutes

iCloud

Reaction score
A search on this forum gave results of random reboot problems but my device is rebooting like every 3 minutes. No matter, what I am doing, it reboots. Device in sleep - reboot, browsing - reboot etc, every 3 or so minutes.
Current version is 4.0.4 and the model of the device is Verizon xt912

What I have tried:
Wiping Cache through recovery
Reset to factory settings

Is there anyway, you guys can help? I would be thankful.

BTW, I am quite new to Android.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
A search on this forum gave results of random reboot problems but my device is rebooting like every 3 minutes. No matter, what I am doing, it reboots. Device in sleep - reboot, browsing - reboot etc, every 3 or so minutes.
Current version is 4.0.4 and the model of the device is Verizon xt912

What I have tried:
Wiping Cache through recovery
Reset to factory settings

Is there anyway, you guys can help? I would be thankful.

BTW, I am quite new to Android.

If this is happening after Factory Data Restores, then you have two options. One is to flash a new ROM, and the other is to be replace it.

When you say "reset to factory settings", how did you do this?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
I

iCloud

Reaction score
If this is happening after Factory Data Restores, then you have two options. One is to flash a new ROM, and the other is to be replace it.

When you say "reset to factory settings", how did you do this?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I "reset to factory" twice, 1 by going in the Settings>>Privacy>>Factory reset with reset data/memory checked
and the second time through Recovery>>Wipe/Reset to Factory>>Yes

What would you suggest me doing now?

Thanks

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I "reset to factory" twice, 1 by going in the Settings>>Privacy>>Factory reset with reset data/memory checked
and the second time through Recovery>>Wipe/Reset to Factory>>Yes

What would you suggest me doing now?

Thanks
After you did the factory resets did you download and install any third party apps? If not, then I think the next step is to download Matt G's RazrUtility (from this forum on the Razr Hacks sub forum) and run option 1 to restore your phone back to .211 factory stock ROM. That's what I'd do at this point.

OP
I

iCloud

Reaction score
After you did the factory resets did you download and install any third party apps? If not, then I think the next step is to download Matt G's RazrUtility (from this forum on the Razr Hacks sub forum) and run option 1 to restore your phone back to .211 factory stock ROM. That's what I'd do at this point.

No, I did not installed or downloaded any app at all. The time period I get before it reboots is only 2-3 minutes, so that's not enough to do anything at all but browse around.
So, is "Restore back to .211 factory stock ROM" different from Factory Reset?

So, I should be using Droid RAZR Utility 1.8? I don't have any ICS OTA file or anything related to android on my current PC. My old one is now trashed.
Also, should the device be rooted or CWM or safestrap installed? Because I have it has non installed ATM.

Thanks

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
No, I did not installed or downloaded any app at all. The time period I get before it reboots is only 2-3 minutes, so that's not enough to do anything at all but browse around.
So, is "Restore back to .211 factory stock ROM" different from Factory Reset?
Yes, it will replace the current ROM you have on your phone...it will wipe everything completely clean and puts your phone back to a condition just like it was when you first took it out of the box.

OP
I

iCloud

Reaction score
Yes, it will replace the current ROM you have on your phone...it will wipe everything completely clean and puts your phone back to a condition just like it was when you first took it out of the box.

OK, I'll try that and inform.
BTW here's some other info.

System version: 6.16.211.xt912.Verizon.en.US
Kernel version: wt-3.0.0
Build no.: 6.7.2-180 ....
Build date: Jun 14, 2012

OP
I

iCloud

Reaction score
A little update:
The Motorola drivers don't seem to be working. The Matt's Razr Utility gets stuck at <waiting for device>. I'll try again with different cable and a different PC.

Another thing is, under the settings, the device is showing Baseband and IMEI - Unknown. Don't know what may have caused this, as this device was not with me for some time.
Any idea about this? Can the device get back to working condition?

OP
I

iCloud

Reaction score
Christmas update:

Using a different cable, it got detected (ADB).
Using the option 1 of Matt's Utility 1.82, I restored to the .211 ICS but the device is still rebooting after a few minutes, as it used to before.

I went to the recovery and "Wipe cache partition" manually and rebooted. Its still rebooting.

All I ask this Christmas is to get this device to work fine. Secret Santa?

OP
I

iCloud

Reaction score
UPDATE
I was able to update to .215, but the reboot problem is still there. A thing I noticed is, there's no longer the option of IMEI under ABOUT SETTINGS, though the base band is still unknown.
Any help please?

abarbeito

Reaction score
Same thing here

Hi iCloud,

This same thing is happening to me with my Motorola Razr Maxx.
Did you have any news on this?
What other things have you tried?
I did the same thing you have already done, and no success yet =(

Hope you have some good news!

Andrés

VerizonHater

Reaction score
I had the thing happen with my RAZR. My phone got so bad that it would even reboot in the middle of rebooting, if you can believe that.
Called tech support, who claimed that they had not had many such complaints. I suggested that they check forums, such as this, to see that this, although maybe not a common problem, is a problem. They walked me through a few things which did not work. I ended up having them send me a replacement. Haven't had trouble since and it's been several months. Sure, they will send you a certified like-new phone, but it's all good. Didn't cost me a nickel.

chevytough

Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/262072-razr-maxx-xt912-keeps-rebooting.html --- my thread im having the same issues and ive done all this!!! but I have not tried the razr utility tool

this is a refurbished phone. ive only had it a week the other day my phone just rebooted out of nowhere and it lost its service and every minute or so it restarts goes all the way to the start screen and reboots. i hard reset, i factory restored, i rsd lite with ap fastboot. i took out sim card doesn't say its not installed put it back in still doesn't say its in there still no service. put the sim card in other phone to rule that out and it works. im lost for ideas.

the phone is completly stock had no roms or root

phone states the following with the sim card in.

no service
baseband version - unknown
min - unknown
prl version - unknown
eri version - unknown
meid - unknown
imei - unknown
iccid - unknown