Reboot causes DX to resend messages

OP
X

xious

Reaction score
Ok, this is getting to be complete bull****! I have been trying to not reboot my phone, however my bluetooth would not enable today so I had to reboot. I tried enabling airplane mode so that it wouldn't send all those texts when it turned back on. I don't know if that made it worse or not but when I re-enabled the cell radio, my phone resent about 80 text messages! 8 0 ! I spent the next half hour apologizing to all my friends for them getting bombarded with old text messages. It's ridiculous and would be nice if they fixed it with a patch, but it better damn well be fixed in 2.2.

mgf

Reaction score
Has anyone tried returning to the Verizon store for an explanation, repair or replacement?

mine dx does the same thing. But mine will randomly reboot. Ive called motorola and verizon and they have deemed my phone defective so im getting a replacment. Has anyone tried using the sbf to reflash it and see if it works?

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Asked about this over on the DX forum and no one has had it. But glad I found this thread and I am not the only one. Every time I reboot or power up it resends a mess of text messages. The other noght it did well over 100 to several different people. Using the stock messaging app. I am right now waiting for a callback from Moto tech to see what the deal is.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Just got off a conference call with VZW and Moto and after consulting a 2nd level tech all I could get out of them is it is a hardware issue. Looks like I am back to BB for number 3.

ThemApples

Reaction score
Last Sunday I brought my phone into the local Verizon store and explained this issue to the employee there. He hadn't heard of it happening to anyone else. I showed him the problem, shut my phone off, turned it on and "VOILA" the phone didn't resend the previous messages, tried it again and again the same result! Lol. How did I know that would happen?

He looked at some stuff on his computer and then said he'd send me a new one and I should have it in a couple days. I have since turned my phone off and on numerous times and the problem hasn't reoccurred. So Fedex shows up on Thursday and Verizon sent me a refurbed X, at this point I'm going to return the refurb and keep my previous one since the problem no longer seems to be happening. Is the problem still happening with anyone here?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Another droidforums member mentioned that SMS popup is causing this problem. Sorry if I'm being Captain Obvious here...I didn't read through the whole thread.

titanfan1017

Reaction score
I dont know if this issue is fixed here... but I had this issue and i reinstalled handcent fromt the market( it was pre installed on kangerade) and it fixed the issue completely using stock messaging and handcent.
I am rooted with p3 been running 1.25ghz turned down to 1.0ghz just a minute ago battery life was terrible. I dunno if any of this makes a difference but i do know i had the problem now i dont.

pmbernal3

Reaction score
I was having the same problem as mentioned in the first post. I would sent quite a few messages, reboot, and they would be sent AGAIN to the recipients. It was a pain in the A$$ so I deleted Handcent and reinstalled it. I ran a test with my phone and my moms by sending her a message, rebooting, and then seeing what happens. She didn't receive the message after the first time and the reboot. I feel that I solved the problem but I have a feeling I was only lucky.

This has only been happening since the 2.2 update and is really annoying. It may be a network problem though because my friends phone is sending messages twice directly after he sends the original. (no reboot) He is using the stock messaging app btw. So he is running down to Verizon right now to see what's up. I will update you when I hear from him.

As of now, the re-installment of the Handcent app has seemed to fix the problem. AS OF NOW! :)

thanks

dancedroid

AdamK

Reaction score