Reboot and now X on screen

Mtig

Reaction score
I rooted my phone and tried to download a new rom and it asked me to reboot and I did now there is blue lines that combine into a X then they turn red yellow green and blue into a X. I did a battery pull and the Moto M comes up and then the X again. Did I brick my phone?

Reaction score
I'm not rescue squad but it just sounds like a boot loop with a cyanogen mod boot animation. Try pulling battery then when you power it on hold the power button and x until the recovery screen shows up. Then load a nandroid backup.

Sent from The Dark Edge

OP
Mtig

Mtig

Reaction score
Ok I did what you said and it goes right back to the cyanogen X. Is there another step that I'm missing?

Reaction score
I would try an older backup. You could try wiping data and cache before trying another backup.

Sent from The Dark Edge

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
can you boot to recovery? did you use Rom Manager by any chance?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The colorful x is from the Nexus boot loader. The first time applying a rom it might take longer to boot up than subsequent bootups. I think the phone wasn't given enough time to boot up.

It almost sounds like you pulled the battery before the phone had enough time to boot up. The key thing is you are getting past the M logo and into the boot animation. Is the phone rebooting, or are you rebooting it?

If this is what you are seeing, just let it be and the desktop will show up. Then again, because of the battery pull while files were getting settled, you may need to reinstall the rom again.

nexus boot animation:
2Q==
images
2Q==

OP
Mtig

Mtig

Reaction score
Ok now it goes to a triangle with ! inside and a phone outside of it. After I tried to reinstall