Fluffy

Reaction score
What do you mean newer format?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe the initially the themes had an .zip extension but now the theme files have a .mtz file extension

OP
F

Fluffy

Reaction score
Oh, I have the .zip formats, but I just went to the default one and ill see if I continue getting reboots, is the .mtz better?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do not believe that one file extension is better than the other just the preference of the developer, I suspect.

Let us know if this rectifies the reboots. BTW did you install the 12.24.1 fix?

OP
F

Fluffy

Reaction score
Yes I did do the 12.24.1 fix and I will post in a couple hours with the reboot count.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Themes with the zip. format from what I understand will only work so many builds. At some point, they will no longer work and they have a habit of not theming areas of the ROM. Not everyone has the issue but when I flash a zip, it doesn't change any of my icons. If I flash one and then a different one they mess up. Only started happening once the new format was introduced.

Sent from a Droid to a Droid...forum

daddyshatch

Reaction score
I have been running the newest build for about 3 days wih no reboot issues... until I themed. Applied a theme this morning and had 3 soft reboots today. Weird

That seems strange. Did you use the newer format (mtz)?

Yep, mtz format. I did a little test, made a backup before installing the theme. As suspected I got reboots so I reinstalled my backup. No more reboots

OP
F

Fluffy

Reaction score
yea I've been on default theme for a day and no reboots so far :D, its the themes but idk why yet