Rebate on Droid

mr_pepper_839

Reaction score
I have a lg voyager and my contract will be up soon, so when i am upgrading will i get a rebate on this phone or do i have to pay full price

Gremlin

Reaction score
depends i guess. what I mean is if you are the only on the plan yes.. you should be getting a rebate for the phone..

What I mean is, plan I am on with my wife..I get the major discount since I like to upgrade to new phones than her.. makes sense?? They have a word for it and right now and I cannot remember it :(

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Yes if you have an upgrade available you should be getting a rebate on the phone.

Slider46

Reaction score
I have a lg voyager and my contract will be up soon, so when i am upgrading will i get a rebate on this phone or do i have to pay full price

If you go to a Verizon store and you are eligible for the "New every two" upgrade (new phone every two years) - you should get the following:

- The 'sale' price on the Droid w/ 2-year contract renewal or new 2 year contract ($299)
- $100 Mail-in Rebate (which comes in the form of a visa prepaid card)
- $50 credit towards a new phone only if you are eligible for the new every two upgrade.

You should also get 25% off all accessories when you purchase a new phone - most Verizon stores do this.

markwebb

Reaction score

If you go to a Verizon store and you are eligible for the "New every two" upgrade (new phone every two years) - you should get the following:

- The 'sale' price on the Droid w/ 2-year contract renewal or new 2 year contract ($299)
- $100 Mail-in Rebate (which comes in the form of a visa prepaid card)
- $50 credit towards a new phone only if you are eligible for the new every two upgrade.

You should also get 25% off all accessories when you purchase a new phone - most Verizon stores do this.

My "new every 2" eligibility was supposed to be this August 2010. However, I went to Staples and the Verizon rep at Staples gave it to me early:

-$149 sale price (2 year agreement)
-Less $100 Mail-in Rebate (which comes in the form of a visa prepaid card)
-$35 Staples Gift Card

I couldn't resist the deal!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
It sounds like you're using rebate to possibly mean several different things. There's the subsidized price, possible rebates (depending on what's available when you actually upgrade) and NE2. You shouldn't pay full price no matter what unless you just don't want to agree to a contract extension.