1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rearrange icons

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Eris' started by emscapt47, Nov 24, 2009.

1. emscapt47

emscapt47 New Member

can anyone tell me how to do this? All i want to do is bunch the ones i use up in a group. Thanks all.....
  2. 3nd0Man

3nd0Man New Member

Push and hold on the icon you want to move. Then you will see that you can move the icon around wherever you drag it. Then drag it to where you would like and if it's on another screen just drag it to the edge of the screen you are on.
    Hope this helps!
  3. emscapt47

emscapt47 New Member

Iam trying to move them around on the main screen with all the icons..It wont do it for me.....hmmmm
  4. OCJP

OCJP Guest

You cannot easily just "rearrange" the icons. If on the screen which you want to move icons around is completely full of icons - you will have to remove icons to add any others. The UI does not give you an option to easily move icons around and move one icon to another icon's spot. My suggestion, is to just remove one icon from your active screen - use that empty space to move the icon you're replacing - then place the icon you want to replace on that spot - continue this process until you have all of your icons setup the way you want.

However, I don't see a reason why you would want to do this unless you're really anal about it. As all you have to do is push the ^ key and all of your menu items will pop up in alphabetical order.
  5. emscapt47

emscapt47 New Member

Just like them that way is all...NOT ANAL....wow.....
  6. mhotovec

mhotovec New Member

Don't worry Emscapt47, apparently I'm anal too, I want all my most used apps right there on front where I can get to them quickly. To that end I deleted the default clock/weather widget from the home screen (that sucker takes up 8 spaces). I replaced it with the weather widget that only takes up 2 spaces. The phone already has a clock in the upper right corner, so the other giant one was just redundant. Now I have space for 6 more apps on the home page. :)
  7. 3nd0Man

3nd0Man New Member

I agree, it's one of the perks of Sense UI. I'd rather have my screens setup based on activity (I have one with shortcuts to all my favorite contacts with their contact photo as the icon) then search through the pop up menu with all the apps.
  8. lowtech

lowtech New Member

I agree - we all have our preferences... I personally really wish I could move icons around within folders. I have several folders on my main screen and would love to be able to arrange the icons within each folder in the order I prefer. Anal? OK... but that's my wish! :)
  9. Eric

Eric New Member

Is there a way to move "screens"? I have blank screens next to my home screen, and would like to move another screen over so it is adjacent to the home screen. Anyone know?
  10. lowtech

lowtech New Member

Just what I did... and added folders too, to hold most-used apps that won't fit on the screen. Happy with that arrangement!
  11. lowtech

lowtech New Member

The only way I have found is to populate that blank screen with whatever you have on another screen that you wish was next to the home screen... you can move the icons from screen to screen by long-pressing them and sliding them to another screen.
  12. Eric

Eric New Member

OK. I'll give that a try. Thanks!
  13. crl268

crl268 New Member

Lol apparently personalization is anal now. I love the eris and customize it all the time
  14. noteviljoe

noteviljoe New Member

Thanks

Thanks for that - this has been really bugging me and I couldn't find the instructions anywhere - those on the HTC website are pants.
  15. drawbridgep

drawbridgep New Member

Folders also help speed things up if you want to move a lot of icons from one screen to another. Create a folder on the screen with the icons, drag each icon into it and then you only have to drag one icon to the new screen. Then drag the icons out of the folder. Could save valuable seconds. ;)

An alternative to folders (which I do use) is Launcher Dock (I've attached it's QRcode). It's an Android widget that takes up one cell space but when you click on it opens up to show 8 icons. You can attach apps, contacts and bookmarks. Right now it's a little jumpy, but I'm sure the creator is working on it.

If customisation is anal then I'm one big a-hole. I just created and ordered a customised vinyl skin from Unique Skins.

Attached Files:

16. lowtech

lowtech New Member

I love this stuff! Maybe it's my Capricorn sense of order, as my husband says ... or my tiny drop of German blood... I should have been a professional organizer - but I would drive myself crazy, probably! Now I must go look at Launcher Dock! :icon_ banana:
  17. legalkill

legalkill Member

I think you just have to drag/add the items from the one screen to the empty one and remove them if you added from the other one. One item at a time.
  18. lowtech

lowtech New Member

Right - you can move icons but not screens...