Rear camera dead?

gunzor

Reaction score
I got the phone yesterday. Fiddled with it most of the afternoon. Downloaded all my apps, took some pictures and recorded a 30-second video. Imported my ringtones, tested Netflix, played some music, games all work. All is well and I'm a very happy camper. Zergrush the phone, works like a charm. Reboot, test all normal functions... great!! I go to bed, I plug my phone into the charger, I sleep. Done and done, my day semi-well spent.

I go to take a picture this afternoon and the rear camera fails to respond. It "blinks" on the screen for a fraction of a second as though it WANTS to work, but a black screen is what I am seeing. The front-facing camera works fine. I come back here and find the unroot files, thinking maybe that is what was causing the issue. I unroot it, still nothing.

I searched for about an hour trying to find if someone else had this issue to no avail. So, I come here asking if anyone may have any ideas short of going back to the Verizon store for a replacement.

SallyC

Reaction score
The only thing that occurs to me would be to try a factory reset. You'll lose your semi-well spent day's work, but you could back it up first. Which is what you'd want to do before replacing it anyways.

Good luck.

jadestonedoll

Reaction score
It's a goner

Same thing happened to me three days after I got the phone. Factory reset didn't work. I had to get the phone replaced.

grimloktt

Reaction score
Just had my phone, which I bought yesterday, replaced today due to camera/camcorder not working. Not sure if it ever worked...