Rear camera dead?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Support' started by gunzor, Dec 18, 2011.

1. gunzor

gunzor New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got the phone yesterday. Fiddled with it most of the afternoon. Downloaded all my apps, took some pictures and recorded a 30-second video. Imported my ringtones, tested Netflix, played some music, games all work. All is well and I'm a very happy camper. Zergrush the phone, works like a charm. Reboot, test all normal functions... great!! I go to bed, I plug my phone into the charger, I sleep. Done and done, my day semi-well spent.

I go to take a picture this afternoon and the rear camera fails to respond. It "blinks" on the screen for a fraction of a second as though it WANTS to work, but a black screen is what I am seeing. The front-facing camera works fine. I come back here and find the unroot files, thinking maybe that is what was causing the issue. I unroot it, still nothing.

I searched for about an hour trying to find if someone else had this issue to no avail. So, I come here asking if anyone may have any ideas short of going back to the Verizon store for a replacement.

2. SallyC

SallyC Senior Member

Ratings:
    +62
    The only thing that occurs to me would be to try a factory reset. You'll lose your semi-well spent day's work, but you could back it up first. Which is what you'd want to do before replacing it anyways.

Good luck.

3. jadestonedoll

jadestonedoll New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's a goner

Same thing happened to me three days after I got the phone. Factory reset didn't work. I had to get the phone replaced.

4. grimloktt

grimloktt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just had my phone, which I bought yesterday, replaced today due to camera/camcorder not working. Not sure if it ever worked...

Search tags for this page
android back camera not work
android back camera not working

android rear camera not working

back camera not working android
back camera on motorola x not working
droid razr m rear camera not working
my back camera is not working in andriod

rear camera not working android

rear camera wont work on droid razr
reverse camera wont work on my android