Really???!?!?!?

alboboy10

Reaction score
My phone is starting to lose battery quicker too, android system uses a lot higher than usual. When the phone is on idle this is happening also. They should have put a bigger battery on this phone. At least a 2000

Jacob9424

Reaction score
Just woke up and took my phone off charge, 100% battery, 10 minutes later with no use of my phone I'm at 87%..... I give up, this has to be the worst Android phone I've ever had. I miss my incredible! Oh and don't bother telling me about turning apps off and dimming my screen and turning off my auto syncs, I've done it all, if I turn anything else off I might as well use two cups and a string and my tb can be a paper weight.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

It's a glitch. The system isn't in sync with the battery so let's say if you put it on the charger after you got off a call. They system won't catch up with the battery so when its charging it will stop early before the charge is complete. Leaving it to text time you take it off it will catch up with itself. You just restart the device before placing it on the charger to ensure the system is getting a accurate reading.

Jacob9424

Reaction score
The thunderbolts battery is just fine, its just the LTE transmitter that uses all the battery. Just use an app like "LTE on off" and switch it to CDMA auto, which switches the signal to 3G. Only use 4G when you really need fast speeds such as for downloads.

borq646

Reaction score
There must be something wrong with it. I haven't had mine plugged in since 9 last night and it's still over 60% with moderate use. Are you stock or rooted? If rooted, what are you running?

Sent from my Thunderbolt

I would tend to agree. I get 12-16 hours with moderate use.

Unplugged for 9h 26m and I'm at 70% left. Granted, it's been idle in my pocket most of the day. But....that is pretty damn good.

Details: No battery saving apps used, on 4G all day, MR2 leak radio, rooted, Liquid Gingersense 1.2, OC'd to 1.4Ghz using SetCPU profiles, On Demand govenor.

Last edited:

alboboy10

Reaction score
My thunderbolt does this weird thing where once the phone goes to 50% and below the battery takes longer to die. Especially when it's in the 40's it takes a lot longer.

Also my android system is taking up nearly 30% of battery use....before it was only taking up 4 max. anyone know why this happened my battery has dropped since android system started taking up more

Last edited:

alboboy10

Reaction score
This was it last week. Today about same use it was dead.

What is the problem with android system...I'm thinking of rebooting phone.

Also wanna mention that I'm still on the stock radio phone came with. If that has to do anything with this

OP
T

tadow213m

Reaction score
The phone is completely inconsistent , one day the battery is fine and other days I have to charge every hour or so.....rebooting won't help.

alboboy10

Reaction score
If I back up with rom manager my current rom and do factory reset after...will I able to restore everything through rom manager or will that format the sd card too

Jacob9424

Reaction score
If I back up with rom manager my current rom and do factory reset after...will I able to restore everything through rom manager or will that format the sd card too

Everything but your radio version will be backed up and can be restored later. A factory reset will not touch your SD card either only your phone.

Jacob9424

Reaction score

But if your factory reset is to get rid of an error that same error will also he backed up...it will back up an exact image of your current Rom

alboboy10

Reaction score
Ye but android system is killing my battery only. It's usually 3% now it's over 30....just started two days ago. I downloaded a cache cleaner from market to try cleaning cache on phone but idk if that will help.

Idk what else to do I read a lot of people did a factory reset to fix android system taking up a lot of power from battery

alboboy10

Reaction score
I do use my back up pro which is great with restoring everything the exact way. And I can back up my home screen with go launcher. Would that help u think?

I had similar problems with my other androids. Battery was great in the beginning then something happened

alboboy10

Reaction score
It's more laggy as well. Before these past few days the phone was an animal and good on battery.

Reception also hasn't been as good. I get three four bars in some places and can't go online or text. Which further kills the battery

Filosophic1

Reaction score
Not really sure what's been going on with my T'bolt lately. I flashed the leaked MR2, and it temporarily solved my reboot problem. GPS has been a lot better, but it seems that just recently (the last week or so) that the reboots have come back even more randomly as ever. Granted, not as much, but am now getting reboots just from unlocking my phone. Also, maybe it's my imagination, but it seems like my phone is running hotter with the MR2 update.

Doulandroid

Reaction score
1. make sure blockbuster app is killed.
2. use lte on/ off app if you don't need 4g speed at the moment.
3. Charge fully, unplug two minutes, fully charge again.
Proof, using live wallView attachment 34776papers, too.