Really???!?!?!?

tadow213m

Reaction score
Just woke up and took my phone off charge, 100% battery, 10 minutes later with no use of my phone I'm at 87%..... I give up, this has to be the worst Android phone I've ever had. I miss my incredible! Oh and don't bother telling me about turning apps off and dimming my screen and turning off my auto syncs, I've done it all, if I turn anything else off I might as well use two cups and a string and my tb can be a paper weight.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

GDP

Reaction score
There must be something wrong with it. I haven't had mine plugged in since 9 last night and it's still over 60% with moderate use. Are you stock or rooted? If rooted, what are you running?

Sent from my Thunderbolt

OP
T

tadow213m

Reaction score
Stock, I've been waiting for Verizon to push the update before I root because outside of the battery issue my phones internet just goes in and out of service ever since the last software update. I won't even start about the reboots.

Ambushbug

Reaction score
There must be something wrong with it. I haven't had mine plugged in since 9 last night and it's still over 60% with moderate use. Are you stock or rooted? If rooted, what are you running?

Sent from my Thunderbolt

I would tend to agree. I get 12-16 hours with moderate use.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If your having problems connecting to either the cell network, data network or both that is most likely the cause of your battery issue. It is I huge drain on the battery when signal is unreliable. The weaker the signal the harder the radio works to obtain a signal thus causing a larger drain on the battery.

It sounds like you might have a faulty radio especially since your stock. Has this been going on since you got the phone?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

phil1166

Reaction score
If you have Wifi at your house keep it in that mode. Battery life lasts all day for me when I'm at home

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you have Wifi at your house keep it in that mode. Battery life lasts all day for me when I'm at home

Yes but he is most likely having problems keeping a good connection to the wireless network. You can't receive calls over wifi unless yo use a voip app.

OP
T

tadow213m

Reaction score
Yes this has been an on going issue from day, as far as WiFi goes I do keep it on at home but I'm out most of the day so the majority of the usage is from the network.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Like I said its probably a bad/faulty radio. It sounds like its time to take a trip to Verizon.

One last question? Are you in a 4g network if so do you travel between 4g and 3g areas during the day? This can also be a big drain on the battery. Sa the radio keeps switching between 4g and 3g.

OP
T

tadow213m

Reaction score
I'm in a 4G area pretty much all day, home and work are always 4G. I spoke to 3 Verizon managers and they keep trying to push a refurbished unit but I don't want a used phone since I just bought this, unfortunately its been over 30 days so they won't give me a new phone.

phil1166

Reaction score

Yes but he is most likely having problems keeping a good connection to the wireless network. You can't receive calls over wifi unless yo use a voip app.

Huh? I just called myself from my landline. My phone is in WiFi mode

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was referring to having the phone in just wifi. That is, turn on airplane mode then turn on wifi. You will not have a cell signal then.

Keeping the phone in airplane mode with wifi on will negate the issue of a bad radio but you can't send or receive calls while in airplane mode.

Last edited:

phil1166

Reaction score
I was referring to having the phone in just wifi. That is, turn on airplane mode then turn on wifi. You will not have a cell signal then.

Keeping the phone in airplane mode with wifi on will negate the issue of a bad radio but you can't send or receive calls while in airplane mode.

Gotcha

silky johnson

Reaction score
Same problems here. Took my phone off charge at 3a.m this morning, went back to sleep, then when I woke up it was at 10% already. Wtf!

Technoman

Reaction score
Get the MR2 leak update... it helped me with almost all of my problems. I do apparently have some APP's that are creating battery drain, but when I kill those I can go all day without my battery draining down to critical levels.

You didn't state if you are having reboots. The reboots by themselves will drain the battery to nothing. That was where the MR2 leak did me good. I have had I think 2 reboots in the last 3 weeks since I installed the MR2 leak.