Really what is blur??

rcjames

Reaction score
Hey guys I've rooted, installed rom, themes and stuff yet I don't know what is blur. Sorry for stupid quetion i'm new and my first smartphone was a droid x. Got it on august.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Blur is the Motorola Widgets and stuff motorola installed on your phone.

OP
R

rcjames

Reaction score

Really? Basically app related to motorola that they created? I thought it was some type of something related to theme or something.

boostedhonda

Reaction score

Really? Basically app related to motorola that they created? I thought it was some type of something related to theme or something.
Blur is like motorolas own theme for android. Basically like how htc has sense ui for their phones. Its just the manufactures own theme.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
R

rcjames

Reaction score

Blur is like motorolas own theme for android. Basically like how htc has sense ui for their phones. Its just the manufactures own theme.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Hmmm interesting.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you don't like blur, and I didn't then all you need to do is drag it to the trash. Then you set your home screens up the way you want them.

GrinReaper

Reaction score
Blur isn't all bad...it does have some cool widgets I think...i really like the news and weather widget for example..

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

yukmizzee

Reaction score
To each their own. I personally dont mind blur. I actually like some of motos blur to be completely honest.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea! A little Blur in my diet isn't bad. JMO :)
Droid X rubiX Blurry.
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
All of the "down-talking" of what blur was supposed to be on the DROID X before it even came out was a little discouraging for me.
When I got the Droid 1, I loved the fact that it was completely stock android (vanilla)
Now that I have the X, even though I rooted, themed, etc...I kinda like blur on the phone. Some of the widget are pretty cool and they all flow really well with each other. They aren't intrusive and don't really have any negative performance on the phone.
Everybody has their own preferences, but Moto-Blur isn't as bad as some made it out to be way back then.

Scubamike

Reaction score
There are others like me! I too enjoy using some of the blur capabilities. I see a variety of disparaging comments about it on this forum and others. They are typically very generic complaints like "it really sucks". I came to believe I should dislike blur, but I had no idea why.

glshub

Reaction score
If you don't like blur, and I didn't then all you need to do is drag it to the trash. Then you set your home screens up the way you want them.

Drag it to the trash as in how like when connected to PC?